300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennessee Academy

In Ten's. acedemy what is the physical part like? Do you take power tests such as bench press. Also what are the physical components of the academy.

Here is the link to the academy in Tennessee that I plan on attending later this year. scroll down to the bottom of the page and hit next to navigate through the requirements. It lists some Tennessee P.O.S.T. standards, curriculum of the academy, physical requirements, etc. etc. I would imagine the physical requirements at this academy would be nearly identical to the academy in Greeneville, TN, or the TLETA in Donnelson.

http://www.clevelandstatecc.edu/acad...ng/Bpindex.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty_47 View Post
      In Ten's. acedemy what is the physical part like? Do you take power tests such as bench press. Also what are the physical components of the academy.
      I went to the academy hosted by Walters State in Greeneville, TN. The bench press was cut out of the PT requirements recently. We had to do:

Max pushups in one minute
      Max situps in one minute
      Mile and a half run
      300 meter sprint
      Illinois Agility Run
      Sit and Reach Measurement

I may be missing something but that's all I can remember right now. To meet POST standards, you also have to complete the obstacle course. But it's not that difficult for anyone in reasonably good shape. We had a couple porkers in my class that made it alright.

Comment

If you can manage the daily PT you will pass the tests. The only ones not to pass the obstacle course in my class were females who couldn't drag the dummy. Don't go into the academy not doing anything to prepare yourself.
        Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

Be ready to run up a hill many, many times, and for pete's sake, don't step on Thomas' rock!! or you will be doing push ups for a year.
          I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Tennessee requirements is running 5 miles in 35 minutes!

j/k...you dont want to be "that guy" who makes everybody do extra pt.

Like someone said earlier, prepare yourself before you go in. You will be happy you did.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtScott31 View Post
              Be ready to run up a hill many, many times, and for pete's sake, don't step on Thomas' rock!! or you will be doing push ups for a year.
              +1
              "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God" (Matthew 5:9)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4874 users online. 307 members and 4567 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X