300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions for everyone

Hello, i am currentl interested in being a police officer in Tennesse. I am wondering if anyone can give me info on the cost of living, Pay, Departments, etc. anything good in the north west part of the state.

Cost of living is low, pay is VERY low, but, I do not know of depts in the north west only south west.

Comment

As he said cost of living and pay are low. What size department are you looking for? I can't think of any larger departments in that part of the state, im in middle tn.

Comment

I would prefer northwest of the state but probably Nashville or Memphis area.
        How low of pay do you mean, Im from Indiana and my town of 3,500 people pays you 26,000 and i consider that low, I would say average pay is between 32 and 36,000....but thats my guess
        Im looking for a big department

Comment

26 is common ground for a lot of dept. here. Though, Nashville starts at 33,000 in the academy, then basically after your first year your pay is bumped all the way to 42,000/year.

Comment

Nashville sounds pretty good, how hard is it to get on with them?

Comment

The agility test isn't really hard at all. The written seems to get a few people. But, should you pass both and place in the "outstanding" category, they start your background checks (at some point). Then the usual process from there on, interview, CVSA, psych and med. Whole process, from app to hire date, it supposed to average 5 months. Seems like they go in order of background checks; you're not necessarily testing for a particular class, it's just when they get to you and get you through the process as to what class you get into. I'm in that process now, and next month will make 5 months. But I'm still waiting on my background to be completed.

It just seems to take awhile for them to hire. But they are hiring, and have an academy starting July 2nd and one in October.

Comment

If you're looking for size & money, then Metro Nashville is the way to go. I work in a smaller department in Nashville, but our salaries climb pretty quickly compared to other smaller departments. We start at $30k, but within 24 mos, it's $36 without overtime. Benefits are alot better than other departments as well. Full medical, vision, dental...100% tuition reimbursement for job related subjects (which can include CJ, fire science, EMS, business admin) and matching 401 up to $4k/yr. It's slower paced, but for what we do I think it's easy money.
                I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Might try Jackson PD

http://www.cityofjackson.net/departm...ceprocess.html

Good luck

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6035 users online. 354 members and 5681 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X