300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metro Nashville PD

Anyone know how long the backgrounds actually take? As in, when they start them?

Also, provided everything is satisfactory in the backgrounds, what is the interview like? Just wanting to know out of curiousity....what I have to look forward to...

I took the written and physical on April the 21st.. I am still waiting on the results of the written.. they said it would take 2 weeks.. But the background takes about 4-6 months..
    we will see what happens..

Comment

Hiring Process

Honestly, it really depends on your timing. Sometimes they are in a hurry to fill classes, and sometimes they are not. For me, it was only 4 months from the date I submitted the application to the date I recieved my conditional offer for employment, so they rushed me through pretty quick. The only reason they did it like that was because they were trying to put together 2 classes real fast. I started the academy right around 6 months after I submitted my app. The process is supposed to be shorter now, because they have several full time background investigators, so hopefully thats true.

Comment

Finally going for my interview tomorrow, wish me luck !

Comment

Originally posted by ebz06 View Post
          Wear a dark suit and answer honestly. Good luck.
          I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

When did u test for them?

Comment

Originally posted by wspd913 View Post
              When did u test for them?

End of Feb.

Comment

Hmm....so did I. I know they started the background on me about a month ago, but haven't heard anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by wspd913 View Post
                  Hmm....so did I. I know they started the background on me about a month ago, but haven't heard anything else.
                  Tell your references to return their letters as quickly as possible. The quicker they turn those in the quicker your background goes.

Comment

Originally posted by jtwilluk View Post
                    Tell your references to return their letters as quickly as possible. The quicker they turn those in the quicker your background goes.
                    Supposedly, they sent them back within 2 days of getting them. At least, that's what I was told. Naturally they came running to me "hey I got a letter today" and I immediately 'FILL IT OUT!" lol. Of course there may be that one out there who just......didn't....for whatever reason........argh...

Comment

Update

Update:

Interview went good. Got a conditional offer. Now just waiting for the final set of tests. BI said it was probably too late for the July class. Most likely will be in the Oct. class....

Comment

Update:

Interview went good. Got a conditional offer. Now just waiting for the final set of tests. BI said it was probably too late for the July class. Most likely will be in the Oct. class....
                        Congrats on the offer. Once out of the academy, if you ever work Hermitage sector (around the airport), send me a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtScott31 View Post
                          Congrats on the offer. Once out of the academy, if you ever work Hermitage sector (around the airport), send me a PM.

I recently took the written and agility test mid May and received my scores where it stated I passed. Is there anyone I can contact to see where my background check is at? SgtScott, I'm about 3 minutes away from the Hermitage precint and I wanted to know if you can choose the precint upon receiving a conditional offer?

Comment

Originally posted by Deuces View Post
                            I recently took the written and agility test mid May and received my scores where it stated I passed. Is there anyone I can contact to see where my background check is at? SgtScott, I'm about 3 minutes away from the Hermitage precint and I wanted to know if you can choose the precint upon receiving a conditional offer?

To find out the status on your Background check you can contact the Background and Recruiting Section. If you check the website, they have the numbers and email address there. I wouldnt contact them unless its been over 3 months or so, because thats the normal amount of time its taking on BI's these days. As far assignment goes, you dont get to bid for the station you want until you get off probation and they have a re-bid. After you graduate the academy, you'll rotate to 3 different pcts with Field Training Officers, and then you'll do a final month with a FLEX team at a 4th Pct and thats normally where you'll stay. But they dont give you all that info right up front, you kinda just have to ride it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuces View Post
                              Already answered by EddieB.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5904 users online. 348 members and 5556 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X