300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conditional job offer withdrawn

First of all, my first post. I would appreciate any insight, I’m in Texas and not familiar with Tennessee MO’s.

I was wondering if anyone could provide some insight. I applied for a LE job in TN end of last year. I went through the initial process and was verbally offered the job by the command staff. They needed me to start ASAP, and I couldn’t get the logistics done in that time. I assumed the process would take longer and I didn’t know they would need to have me start ASAP. Texas takes a lot longer!

They held the position for me and I had to reapply in March, I did and again a command staff member gave me the verbal and asked if I could start in July. I signed my conditional job offer (based on passing my background and medical), I had passed everything else. I sold my home and my wife and kids relocated to Tennessee after signing my conditional. I stayed back in Texas to work what I thought would be about 4-6 weeks (based on what the Lt. Told me). My wife got a job and the timing seemed perfect. I was just told that they made a mistake in the process (not related to me what I was told) and that I needed to reapply. I did and never heard back, evidently I wasn’t picked to move on. The Lt that I had been dealing with had left (not sure the circumstances) shortly after signing my conditional. From what I gather it was not on good terms. The kicker is my background and medical never began, for me to fail...

Nonetheless, I feel like (no basis, just my gut) I am being DQ’d now because of my connection with this LT...I find it odd, he left after I signed my conditional and thereafter my offer was withdrawn (not for me failing to pass the conditions). I had no association with this Lt and only dealt with him during this process, I actually never even met him.

Anyone have a similar thing happen and whether I have any legal recourse. I love Tennessee, but seems like moving the family back to Texas May happen if I don’t find another job. I’m out all my moving costs and costs associated with selling my ranch. I would not have sold and moved my gear if I didn’t have the conditional.

If it were me, I'd try consulting a TN labor attorney to see if there is any recourse.

That being said, the conditional offer I signed (not in TN) specifically advised me not to quit my job or make any significant changes based on the conditional offer.

Comment

I’ve never heard of a conditional offer being rescinded without failing some step in the process. But I doubt you have any legal recourse TN is a right to work state and you were never hired.
      Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

Originally posted by JDCOP View Post
        I’ve never heard of a conditional offer being rescinded without failing some step in the process. But I doubt you have any legal recourse TN is a right to work state and you were never hired.
        Happens all the time in my state. I know that most of the time in most states, a conditional offer usually means that they've finished all the testing, interviews, and background, they've pretty much decided they want you, and you have the job as long as you're psychologically and medically cleared. In CT, a conditional offer means literally nothing. It just means that you've made it past the testing and interview phase. The vast majority of conditional offers get rescinded in CT.
        "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
        -Chris Rock

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9706 users online. 414 members and 9292 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X