NEW Welcome Ad

Collapse

Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Middle TN: Anyone work for these departments?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning Coffee
    replied
    The City of Franklin, TN is accepting applications for Police Officer. Must have HS diploma or GED. Prefer 60 semester hours at accredited college or university with at least 2.0 GPA on 4.0 system.

Applicants must be:

eligible to become P.O.S.T. certified
    at least 21 years old at time of selection
    eligible to become licensed & qualified to operate firearm
    eligible to possess TN drivers license, and
    free from felony convictions & misdemeanors involving honesty, moral turpitude & habitual use of drugs/alcohol

Preference given to candidates who have related education, training & experience in pre-screening process. Only highly-rated candidates will be invited to competitive testing process, consisting of physical agility test, written test & oral interview. Candidates must pass physical agility and score 70 on written test. Certified candidates must undergo background investigation, Police Chief’s interview & Polygraph/Psychological/Medical Exam with drug/alcohol screen.

$14.86/hr, plus excellent benefits.

Apply by 5/17/2007. Click here to complete our online employment application (application MUST be submitted to be considered for this position). If you would like to send your résumé, click here to email your résumé. Sending your résumé is optional, but you MUST complete an employment application to be considered for this position. You can also mail your résumé to:

City of Franklin
    HR Department
    P.O. Box 305
    109 3rd Avenue South
    Franklin , TN 37065
    or you can fax it to: (615) 791-3297.

The City of Franklin does not discriminate based on race, color or national origin in federal or state sponsored programs, pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000d).

EOE/Drug-free Workplace.

Last edited by Morning Coffee; 05-08-2007, 01:05 AM. Reason: forgot link

Leave a comment:

• JDCOP
    replied
    Yea I work for a department here in Nashville. I had heard a rumor around 10 but you know how that goes.

Leave a comment:

• jbardinelli
    replied
    Originally posted by mgaray9273 View Post
    How do you get an app for smyrna? their website does not offer much info at all..
    You have to go through the city's website. I believe it's townofsmyrna.org. They closed the posting for police officer though so it won't show up on there at the moment

I'm also scheduled for Smyrna's test may 12th. Anybody heard how many officers they are wanting to hire?

JCDOP, I guess I'll see ya down there at the test. Do you work for a PD right now? I've heard different numbers. I've heard they want to hire 5 right now and 12 within the next year or so.

Leave a comment:

• mgaray9273
    replied
    How do you get an app for smyrna? their website does not offer much info at all..

Leave a comment:

• JDCOP
    replied
    I'm also scheduled for Smyrna's test may 12th. Anybody heard how many officers they are wanting to hire?

Leave a comment:

• jbardinelli
    replied
    Sent you a PM Negotiator

Leave a comment:

• Negotiator101
    replied
    Originally posted by jbardinelli View Post
    I currently work for Kingsport PD, but my wife just accepted a job in Brentwood, so we are going to be moving next month. Right now I'm going to apply at these departments:

Brentwood
    Smyrna
    Franklin
    Hendersonville

Does anyone work for any of these departments or have any info about them? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Joe
    I work for Hendersonville. Greatest department around as far as I am concerned, I am a little biased though. Hendersonville would put you about 30 minutes away from Brentwood. So, I can tell you anything you are interested in knowing about HPD, what do you want to know? I know we are hiring, we have been starting a new class every other month for a while now.
    Last edited by Negotiator101; 05-02-2007, 04:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mgaray9273
    replied
    Go to their websites.. it should be easy..

Leave a comment:

• Lefty_47
    replied
    How can I accuire an app. if I dont live close to these departments?

Leave a comment:

• jbardinelli
    replied
    Originally posted by jtwilluk View Post
    Just saw that Franklin has a posting up on their website for police officer...
    Yeah I noticed that the other night. As of now I have apps in with Smyrna, Brentwood, Franklin, and Metro. Got a letter to take the written test at Smyrna on May 12th. Thanks for the info.

Leave a comment:

• jtwilluk
    replied
    Just saw that Franklin has a posting up on their website for police officer...

Leave a comment:

• jbardinelli
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill M
    I work for Franklin. We're going to be hiring a lot of people this year (we just offered 11 people jobs and probably need about 20-30 more) as we're already short staffed and getting more positions in the budget. If you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them.
    Bill, I sent you a PM.

Leave a comment:

• wspd913
    replied
    $38,000 sounds pretty good starting out compared to the pay in East TN. Probably 90% of depts. here (maybe higher) start around the 23-26,000 range.

Leave a comment:

• WISHIN4BEACH
    replied
    Smyrna Pd

Try Smyrna.

They just promoted from within a new chief.

The city is progressive, lots of retail construction, lots of family frendly type parks and reasonable housing prices.

They have their own general sessions court, so no trips to RCJ unless needed. They are annexing and growing. They have a Patrol Sgt really pushing for 4 ten hour days, takehomes after about 2 years.

But they start at $38000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Bill M
    replied
    I work for Franklin. We're going to be hiring a lot of people this year (we just offered 11 people jobs and probably need about 20-30 more) as we're already short staffed and getting more positions in the budget. If you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2572 users online. 174 members and 2398 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X