Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Middle TN: Anyone work for these departments?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Middle TN: Anyone work for these departments?

I currently work for Kingsport PD, but my wife just accepted a job in Brentwood, so we are going to be moving next month. Right now I'm going to apply at these departments:

Brentwood
    Smyrna
    Franklin
    Hendersonville

Does anyone work for any of these departments or have any info about them? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Joe

As far as i know Metro Nashville is the one doing alot of hiring around here.. im testing for them on the 21st..

Comment

Yeah I have Metro in the back of my mind. I'd prefer to work for a smaller department, but if nothing pans out I will probably apply with Metro. How's the testing process been thus far?

Comment

I know that Brentwood and Franklin have been hiring pretty regularily so keep chekcing with them. If you intend on living in the Brentwood/Williamson County area, Hendersonville would be a hike to get up to everyday.

Comment

I know that Brentwood and Franklin have been hiring pretty regularily so keep chekcing with them. If you intend on living in the Brentwood/Williamson County area, Hendersonville would be a hike to get up to everyday.
          Yeah Im not familiar with the travel times very well between cities yet. Im hoping for Brentwood or Smyrna. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Smyrna is actually hiring right now, though the deadline to apply is Monday (the 16th). However, you can e-mail your application into them, just check out their website.

Brentwood just did testing last month, but you never know, they may start again soon.

Metro still takes awhile to do the process....at least they get the long part out of the way first though (the backgrounds).

Comment

I work for Franklin. We're going to be hiring a lot of people this year (we just offered 11 people jobs and probably need about 20-30 more) as we're already short staffed and getting more positions in the budget. If you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

Comment

Smyrna Pd

Try Smyrna.

They just promoted from within a new chief.

The city is progressive, lots of retail construction, lots of family frendly type parks and reasonable housing prices.

They have their own general sessions court, so no trips to RCJ unless needed. They are annexing and growing. They have a Patrol Sgt really pushing for 4 ten hour days, takehomes after about 2 years.

But they start at $38000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Comment

$38,000 sounds pretty good starting out compared to the pay in East TN. Probably 90% of depts. here (maybe higher) start around the 23-26,000 range.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M
                    I work for Franklin. We're going to be hiring a lot of people this year (we just offered 11 people jobs and probably need about 20-30 more) as we're already short staffed and getting more positions in the budget. If you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them.
                    Bill, I sent you a PM.

Comment

Just saw that Franklin has a posting up on their website for police officer...

Comment

Originally posted by jtwilluk View Post
                        Just saw that Franklin has a posting up on their website for police officer...
                        Yeah I noticed that the other night. As of now I have apps in with Smyrna, Brentwood, Franklin, and Metro. Got a letter to take the written test at Smyrna on May 12th. Thanks for the info.

Comment

How can I accuire an app. if I dont live close to these departments?

Comment

Go to their websites.. it should be easy..

Comment

Originally posted by jbardinelli View Post
                              I currently work for Kingsport PD, but my wife just accepted a job in Brentwood, so we are going to be moving next month. Right now I'm going to apply at these departments:

Brentwood
                              Smyrna
                              Franklin
                              Hendersonville

Does anyone work for any of these departments or have any info about them? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Joe
                              I work for Hendersonville. Greatest department around as far as I am concerned, I am a little biased though. Hendersonville would put you about 30 minutes away from Brentwood. So, I can tell you anything you are interested in knowing about HPD, what do you want to know? I know we are hiring, we have been starting a new class every other month for a while now.
                              Last edited by Negotiator101; 05-02-2007, 04:05 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3984 users online. 174 members and 3810 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X