• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TNFROST1
    replied
    Originally posted by TN_Gator View Post
    Thanks, ropin.

Approximately how long is the entire hiring process from start to finish, assuming an applicant is hired and is sent to an academy?
    Email LT Dooley At [email protected]. She can better answer that one
    Last edited by TNFROST1; 03-10-2015, 02:18 PM. Reason: .

Leave a comment:

• TN_Gator
    replied
    Thanks, ropin.

Approximately how long is the entire hiring process from start to finish, assuming an applicant is hired and is sent to an academy?

Leave a comment:

• ropin4gold
    replied
    They work 8's

Leave a comment:

• TN_Gator
    replied
    Originally posted by TNFROST1 View Post
    Starting is $15.45 am hour.

8 hour shifts (6-2,2-10,10-6).

Extra pay for highest degree.

Just the min requirements set by post.

City will not pay for your academy if not certified.
    This pages says patrol works 12 hour shifts. Is it just incorrect? http://www.springhilltn.org/index.aspx?nid=439

Leave a comment:

• J0ey4ReaL
    replied
    I got the testing schedule in the mail today, I'm a little surprised how many trips are required before you are even considered for further testing.
    Last edited by J0ey4ReaL; 03-04-2015, 04:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TNFROST1
    replied
    [QUOTE=TN_Gator;3606583]Is there somewhere that shows the cost for TLETA if you are not certified? Forgive me if it's somewhere obvious. I looked around and couldn't find anything.

You would not be going to TLETA. If you pay your way it would be Walter State in east TN. At least that is what we have done in the past.

As stated we are on TCRS, political subdivision.

As of now family insurance plans are paid for by the city. That has been a big draw in the past. I'm just not sure how long we can keep that up.

Leave a comment:

• TN_Gator
    replied
    Originally posted by SgtScott31 View Post
    It depends if you're sponsored by an agency. It's a lot cheaper if you are. I think last I heard non-sponsored is around $3k.
    Thanks, Sgt. I assume "sponsored" simply means being hired by an agency and then attending the training academy?

Also, thanks ropin.

Leave a comment:

• ropin4gold
    replied
    They are on tcrs (state retirement)

Leave a comment:

• SgtScott31
    replied
    It depends if you're sponsored by an agency. It's a lot cheaper if you are. I think last I heard non-sponsored is around $3k.

Leave a comment:

• TN_Gator
    replied
    Is there somewhere that shows the cost for TLETA if you are not certified? Forgive me if it's somewhere obvious. I looked around and couldn't find anything.

Also, is Spring Hill's retirement plan with the state? Or do they have their own?

Leave a comment:

• J0ey4ReaL
    replied
    Oh whoops! Didn't see that link. Application is in. I look forward to coming up from Florida to process. I love TN!

Leave a comment:

• Good Ole Boy
    replied
    Here is a link where you can find all the info. I found it via google... help yourself. be resourceful

http://www.tn.gov/let/post-transition-school.shtml

Its held twice a year and you can be on for 6 months before you have to go to the school. All other info was covered above.

Leave a comment:

• J0ey4ReaL
    replied
    Originally posted by TNFROST1 View Post
    I'm not the LT, just a Detective. We have three spots now and may use the list for possible future new positions if they are created in the new fiscal year.

As stated above there is a POST transition school for out of state cert. We have hired out of state and also in state that have been out for a while.
    Thanks for the info. Last question, I promise.

I'm out of state certified but when I spoke to the chief of a much smaller agency up there he said they hold that transition class once a year and his particular agency was not going to wait for an out of state applicant to go through the course as they needed someone immediately. Is that the case here? If not, do TN certified applicants have priority? Thanks guys!

Leave a comment:

• TNFROST1
    replied
    Originally posted by J0ey4ReaL View Post
    How does TN POST work w/ out of state certified? Also, how many positions are available? Thanks LT.

I'm not the LT, just a Detective. We have three spots now and may use the list for possible future new positions if they are created in the new fiscal year.

As stated above there is a POST transition school for out of state cert. We have hired out of state and also in state that have been out for a while.

Leave a comment:

• bncunnin
    replied
    TLETA near Nashville offers a 3-week transition school for out-of-state officers. I have heard that officers from states with very different LEO regulations must complete the whole academy. However, I believe TN accepts most states, as long as you don't have significant gaps in LE employment. You may want to call and see what their rules are for your state. It's very laid back, no mandatory PT if I recall correctly. Sunday-Thursday residential.

http://www.tn.gov/let/post-transition-school.shtml

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5524 users online. 346 members and 5178 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X