Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Hill Hiring Ending late March

PM me or ask questions here.

Where can I find more information about the department. I.E. Minimum qualifications, salary, academy, shift hours, etc.?
    Military Police Regular Army '09-'12 Reserve from '12-current

Comment

No link? ???

Comment

Originally posted by ropin4gold View Post
        No link? ???
        Here you go.

I notice that they list the starting salary for dispatchers but not for officers. That really irks me.
        There once was a man who said: "Though,
        it seems that I know that I know,
        what I'd like to see is the I that knows me,
        when I know that I know that I know."

- Alan Watts

Comment

Starting is $15.45 am hour.

8 hour shifts (6-2,2-10,10-6).

Extra pay for highest degree.

Just the min requirements set by post.

City will not pay for your academy if not certified.

Comment

If you want more info email:

LT Dooley at [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by TNFROST1 View Post
              Starting is $15.45 am hour.

8 hour shifts (6-2,2-10,10-6).

Extra pay for highest degree.

Just the min requirements set by post.

City will not pay for your academy if not certified.
              Do they even hire non-POST certified if they're not paying for TLETA?
              I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Originally posted by SgtScott31 View Post
                Do they even hire non-POST certified if they're not paying for TLETA?
                The City will still hire non-certs. Some use their GI bill to pay for all/most. I believe one non-military guy paid for his tuition.

Comment

The City will still hire non-certs. Some use their GI bill to pay for all/most. I believe one non-military guy paid for his tuition.
                  How does TN POST work w/ out of state certified? Also, how many positions are available? Thanks LT.

Comment

TLETA near Nashville offers a 3-week transition school for out-of-state officers. I have heard that officers from states with very different LEO regulations must complete the whole academy. However, I believe TN accepts most states, as long as you don't have significant gaps in LE employment. You may want to call and see what their rules are for your state. It's very laid back, no mandatory PT if I recall correctly. Sunday-Thursday residential.

http://www.tn.gov/let/post-transition-school.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by J0ey4ReaL View Post
                      How does TN POST work w/ out of state certified? Also, how many positions are available? Thanks LT.

I'm not the LT, just a Detective. We have three spots now and may use the list for possible future new positions if they are created in the new fiscal year.

As stated above there is a POST transition school for out of state cert. We have hired out of state and also in state that have been out for a while.

Comment

I'm not the LT, just a Detective. We have three spots now and may use the list for possible future new positions if they are created in the new fiscal year.

As stated above there is a POST transition school for out of state cert. We have hired out of state and also in state that have been out for a while.
                        Thanks for the info. Last question, I promise.

I'm out of state certified but when I spoke to the chief of a much smaller agency up there he said they hold that transition class once a year and his particular agency was not going to wait for an out of state applicant to go through the course as they needed someone immediately. Is that the case here? If not, do TN certified applicants have priority? Thanks guys!

Comment

Here is a link where you can find all the info. I found it via google... help yourself. be resourceful

http://www.tn.gov/let/post-transition-school.shtml

Its held twice a year and you can be on for 6 months before you have to go to the school. All other info was covered above.

Comment

Oh whoops! Didn't see that link. Application is in. I look forward to coming up from Florida to process. I love TN!

Comment

Is there somewhere that shows the cost for TLETA if you are not certified? Forgive me if it's somewhere obvious. I looked around and couldn't find anything.

Also, is Spring Hill's retirement plan with the state? Or do they have their own?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5502 users online. 307 members and 5195 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X