300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chattanooga Police Department 2014

Has anyone applied to the Chattanooga PD since they opened hiring a few weeks ago? I applied the other day and amd scheduled for the written in September. Anyone have any info about the department? Pros and cons?

I'm curious too. Anyone know the salary/benefits? They don't have it on their website.

Comment

Here you go guys..

http://www.chattanooga.gov/2011-12-1...2/job-openings

the link for the police cadet position.

Comment

I applied when it first opened I am scheduled for the pt test on October 10. As far as the department goes it is a great one to work for and they just got a new chief. I met him last night at the citizens police academy and he is a very down earth kind of guy. He is currently making a lot of positive change throughout the department and the morale around the department looks to be at an all time high. They are currently making changes to the way they do recruiting but the past times through havent been too bad. It's just rumored that they don't get too much in a hurry about much so be patient.

Comment

How did your pt test go? I wasn't able to make the October 10 date but am scheduled for Nov 21. Does anyone know if they offer pay incentives for degrees? If they are pushing for a Feb academy then the process may not be as long and drawn out as in the past.

Comment

I passed the pt test it isn't bad and I did my polygraph maybe 2 weeks after the pt test. As far as I know they do not offer a pay incentive you just get preferred points during the hiring process. It's looks like they changed up the hiring process a little since my last time through

Comment

Chattanooga Police Department 2014

Also a heads up they up the pace at the pt test. It not bad and if you pass it looks like they throw you right into the background portion (filling out paperwork and release forms)

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. It sounds like they are getting their process streamlined a little more than the last time I went through. Having the poly so soon is a good sign. Have you had to do the panel interview? Are you local to the area?

Comment

Yeah I live in Chattanooga and my recruiter should be finishing up my background this week and she would let me know when the panel interview will be. I hear it isn't too awful and that the poly can be stressful but it really wasn't bad either

Comment

Good luck this week flying medic on your pt test. I'm still waiting to hear about the panel interview. I got an email a week or so ago to let me know I completed the background portion.

Comment

Hey thanks. The test went pretty good and I signed the paperwork to begin the background. I have a deadline of next Friday to turn everything in to the recruiting officers. There didn't seem to be any real format to how they wanted the information.

Comment

No they aren't too picky just scan in all the documents and email it to your recruiter. Also confirm your info was received by the due date so that you are not suspended.

Comment

Have you heard anything about your processing? I believe they are working my BI right now.

Comment

Chattanooga Police Department 2014

I heard something on 12/15 to let me know that I made it to the panel board interview and to look out for an email in the next couple if weeks.
                            Last edited by tyler_rude; 12-17-2014, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Any news on the hiring process?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3798 users online. 251 members and 3547 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X