Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Departments utilizing ALPR technology and e-tickets.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AvalancheZ71 View Post
    The elected legislature has a cautious approach when it comes to law enforcement here in Tenneessee. They are not anti police but they just don't like to push the yes button on all things LE. There are many pro-police legislators; however, in Tennessee when a representative or Senator sponsors a bill it must have a fiscal note applied to it. Anytime you add anything to the police arsenal you have to have the TN DOC but an incarceration figure on the bill.

The fiscal note is what kills many bills. Even the most pro-police legislation gets knocked down if the Governor's pet project isn't funded. When something comes up like e-tickets and databases they then figure how many people additionaly may get locked up and then that money is in a sense pre spent by figuring how many more three hots and a cot need be paid for. This is why so many bills are killed.
    Well, the Tennessee legislation had better do something pro-law enforcement. Tennessee was number 1 per capita on the amount of violent crimes in the entire country, and that includes Chicago and the like:

1. Tennessee
    > Violent crimes per 100,000: 643.6
    > Poverty rate: 17.9%
    > Pct. of population with bachelor’s degree or higher: 24.3%
    > Property crimes per 100,000: 3,371.4 (10th highest)

Tennessee has the dubious distinction of having the worst violent crime rate in the country. The state was among the top 10 in the country for murders and robberies and was first for aggravated assaults, with an estimated 479.6 for every 100,000 residents. Tennessee’s 41,550 violent crimes in 2012 were up 6.8% from 2011 but down 10% from 2007, when there were 46,380 violent crimes. There were 388 murders in the state in 2012, up for a second straight year. To be fair, Tennessee’s violent streak is concentrated in some of the major metropolitan areas. Memphis’s violent crime rate was the nation’s fifth worst, while Nashville’s was the 18th worst. Like many states with high violent crime, poverty in Tennessee is acute, and high school and college graduation rates are lower than most of the country.
    There once was a man who said: "Though,
    it seems that I know that I know,
    what I'd like to see is the I that knows me,
    when I know that I know that I know."

- Alan Watts

Comment

Pull Memphis out of there and those numbers would change significantly.

The LPRs are huge to keep track of suspects. Don't be surprised in the near future that many won't be mounted at airports, large cities, and susceptible target areas. That way when a BOLO goes out on a vehicle tag with a known terrorist, drug trafficker, etc, if he travels anywhere in a high populated area that has fixed LPRs he will be found; or at least they will know where he has been.
      I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Looks like Tennessee has begun to catch up with the times.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/29...e-can-be-towed
        There once was a man who said: "Though,
        it seems that I know that I know,
        what I'd like to see is the I that knows me,
        when I know that I know that I know."

- Alan Watts

Comment

Originally posted by NoWingedAngel View Post
          Looks like Tennessee has begun to catch up with the times.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/29...e-can-be-towed
          Looks like it's time to get in the tow business.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2846 users online. 131 members and 2715 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X