300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franklin TN Police Department

Can anyone give me information on the hiring process for this department? I noticed they are hiring for police officer.

Originally posted by J52545 View Post
    Can anyone give me information on the hiring process for this department? I noticed they are hiring for police officer.
    It's a pretty standard process. If you are invited to testing, there is a written test and a physical agility course (not difficult). Then, on to interviews and background. If you get a conditional offer, you go for a medical/psychological/poly. We are going through a big promotion process right now, so we will need to hire at least 10 (possibly more) officers to fill in all of the vacant slots that exist or will be created.

Starting pay is $16.82/hr, then $17.24 after the academy, $17.67 after field training, and $18.93 (minimum for non-probationary police officer pay grade) after probation.

If you have specific questions, feel free to throw them out here.

Comment

Im assuming the process is the same for currently POST certified officers as well. I just put in a app, hoping to move back home. I have a 4 year degree, current k9 handler and SWAT certified, so I am hoping that will help move me up a little bit. Any info on the process, benefits, IE take home car, training opportunities, FTO period would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Yes, the process is the same for certified officers. Cars are personally assigned and you can take them home if you live in Williamson County. As you may know, we have a new (interim for now) chief, so things are subject to change. The last group of certified officers had a slightly accelerated training program, which normally consists of several weeks of in-house classes and training, 14 weeks of field training, and whatever academy is necessary (none, transition, or full). The training budget has historically provided officers with many opportunities for good training, both locally and across the country. A 4 year degree will prove useful and is almost mandatory for promotions. The city has a generous tuition reimbursement program if you wish to pick up a Master's someday as well.

Comment

Thank you for your response, I look forward to starting the process and hopefully getting the chance to come back home. Are y'all working 12's?

Comment

No problem, happy to share what I can. We are working 10s.

Comment

That wouldn't be too bad of a transition going from 8's to 10's. Hopefully I will hear something soon and get the process started. I imagine a department of the caliber it is a lot of apps come in.

Comment

Originally posted by thinblueline23 View Post
                That wouldn't be too bad of a transition going from 8's to 10's. Hopefully I will hear something soon and get the process started. I imagine a department of the caliber it is a lot of apps come in.
                I talked with one of the guys I know there, he said they had around 300-350 apps, give or take.

Question...does anyone know if they offer pay incentives for Bachelors -and- Masters degrees? I think I heard there's an increase for Bachelors but wasn't clear about a Masters degree. I'll be finished with mine in February, so I was curious...

Comment

Any idea when we could expect to hear if we are invited to the testing process?

Comment

Originally posted by orangeblood79 View Post
                    Question...does anyone know if they offer pay incentives for Bachelors -and- Masters degrees? I think I heard there's an increase for Bachelors but wasn't clear about a Masters degree. I'll be finished with mine in February, so I was curious...
                    As far as I know there are no pay incentives for education these days, just points in the hiring and promotion processes.

Comment

Originally posted by bsmith25 View Post
                      Any idea when we could expect to hear if we are invited to the testing process?
                      I would not anticipate it taking too long. We are trying to hire rather quickly. I know they have already DQed several of the applicants, so it's actively being worked on.

Comment

Did anyone on this forum get an invite for the written and physical test yet?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4832 users online. 260 members and 4572 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X