300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joebullman4 View Post
    Good luck to you as well! I know alot that say it's very political to get in. I also heard they were wanting 100. But I was under the assumption that the academy would only hold around 70.

Yea I thought the academy only held 70, but who knows. By being "very political" does that mean you have to basically know someone? I'm out of state (Alabama). I'm going to give it a go anyways, but hopefully that isn't the case.

Comment

I don't have facts. As I've come to find out, many don't have facts, just mostly hear say. But that's one of the many unintelligible rumors that I've heard.

Comment

Scheduled for the PT exam on 17 SEP @ 1230pm. However, I'm not sure about the interview yet, because the LT didn't mention it when he called me. He said that I would be getting an email with all of the information on it. Anyone testing on the same day?

Comment

Typically, the interview is directly after the agility course. With allowed time to freshen up. Just out of curiosity, when did you receive a call, vs the date you applied?

Comment

Originally posted by joebullman4 View Post
            Typically, the interview is directly after the agility course. With allowed time to freshen up. Just out of curiosity, when did you receive a call, vs the date you applied?

Yea that is what I thought, but there was no mention of that. If i don't receive an email in the next week with the instructions then I'll give them a call. I applied on 03AUG and just received a call this morning.

Comment

Has anyone went to the interview yet?

Comment

Originally posted by BYATES View Post
                Has anyone went to the interview yet?
                I was invited to the agility test and interview this past friday (9/5/14) but didn't go because I've already accepted a job with Metro. I tried for THP last year and passed everything but the Psych (which I call BS on because I took the exact same written test and met with the same psychologist for metro and it all went fine) since Metro pays better and I won't have to move I decided I had nothing to prove and decided to stay in bed rather than go to the 6 am testing. Good luck to anyone who is moving forward though!
                '

Comment

What's the process like after the interview?

Comment

Originally posted by BYATES View Post
                    What's the process like after the interview?
                    Pretty standard stuff, they'll contact you if you did well enough in the interview that they want to hire you. You'll get a conditional offer of employment and they'll schedule you for all your additional testing. You'll take a written psych exam(ours was at TBI headquarters), meet with a psychologist(In Hendersonville), take a polygraph(At the THP training center), and have a medical physical done(Brentwood). They get it all done pretty quickly, I'd say over the course of about a month or so, I can check back in my emails if it really matters. They'll also be doing your background investigation during this time, it's pretty thorough, they'll contact all your references, come out to your house, talk to your neighbors etc. I know I was all done in early December, and around the 18th of Dec I received a letter that I was no longer being considered because of the psych.

Comment

Do you do psych, poly and medical on the same day or is it scheduled different days?

Comment

Byates are you still in the process?

Comment

Wardie, I received a contingent offer but I withdrew my offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Wardie View Post
                            Byates are you still in the process?
                            Gotcha. I just finished everything and am waiting to hear.

Comment

I'm new to the forum but I have a few questions. I am scheduled for the 2nd part of the psych evaluation on the 10th of nov. What should I expect? Do you have any tips? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

UT sorry I just got back on here. They just make you feel like everything you say is wrong, but I hope it went good for you. I think the psych was worse than the poly.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2997 users online. 205 members and 2792 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X