300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THP will begin taking cadet applications on 07/30/2014

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - The Tennessee Highway Patrol will start accepting applications for its new trooper cadet class on July 30.

Applications will be accepted online up until August 5. The class is scheduled to begin February 1 and lasts 20 weeks.

Individuals interested in applying must be at least 21 years old, be a U.S. citizen, have a high school diploma or equivalent and have no felony convictions.

Two years of college or military or previous law enforcement experience is preferred.

There are currently 884 authorized commissioned officer positions within the THP. Trooper recruits will be assigned to vacant positions across the state upon graduation.
    Source

Application and salary page
    There once was a man who said: "Though,
    it seems that I know that I know,
    what I'd like to see is the I that knows me,
    when I know that I know that I know."

- Alan Watts

what is the hiring process for thp from application submission? Is there a written test?

Comment

I am from New Jersey so any information would be much appreciated on THP.

Comment

You just apply online and if you are qualified then you go on a public list of applicants in which they choose from to invite down and test. But I should warn you its very political.

Comment

Does anyone who applies get the opportunity to go to the agility test and interview considering they qualify?

Comment

Once you apply you go into a public pool of candidates in which they choose who they invite down to test. It's a 50/50 chance you will be emailed and invited down to test. This is from my past experience with THP

Comment

You no longer do a written exam; rather, as long as you qualify now, you will be given a date in which you do the agility test (the obstacle course) and afterwards, you do the interview. Same day. After that, the wait begins.

Comment

I completed the obstacle course and had the interview back in 04/2013. I thought I did great. I was not selected for the next phase. I am going to try again. Is there something I should talking about more doing the interview process ? The class I would have went to had 80% veterans. Is the leadership still focusing on veteran preference ?

Comment

Eh. Depends on who you ask. I've attempted the process several times with no luck. Each time, I had numerous troopers tell me "it's all about who you know." Is that the case? Maybe. It used to be, I know for certain. Now? Don't know. Likely doesn't hurt.

Comment

The state is required to give every veteran an interview, and thats for all jobs, not just THP. Also, state jobs in general have a certain degree of politics involved. But, I do know someone who had virtually no politics get the job. If you want it, I would apply. Dont be discouraged and do your best. You may show them something that impresses them and get a shot.

Comment

Has anyone received any updates on their application status?

Comment

Joebullman,

I got an email this morning saying they were forwarding my qualified application to to the hiring agency. From there they will select those that they wish to interview. Hope this helps...
                        Last edited by [email protected]; 08-19-2014, 10:00 AM.

Comment

I also received the same email. I may have over heard something about Sept. 3 they would start interviews?...

Comment

Originally posted by joebullman4 View Post
                            I also received the same email. I may have over heard something about Sept. 3 they would start interviews?...
                            Yea I heard the same thing and it seems like they are shooting for 100 for this academy, but I'm not sure. I'm sure they will have over 3,000 applicants again, but hopefully with being a veteran and having an AA degree will get me through. Good luck in the process!

Comment

Good luck to you as well! I know alot that say it's very political to get in. I also heard they were wanting 100. But I was under the assumption that the academy would only hold around 70.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3229 users online. 151 members and 3078 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X