Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving to Nashville area looking for a Reserve position, (Currently an LASD Reserve).

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to Nashville area looking for a Reserve position, (Currently an LASD Reserve).

I'm currenty a Reserve Deputy with Los Angeles County Sheriff Dept and will be moving to the Nashville area pretty soon. Which depatments have a Reserve program around the Nashville area? Also I have my CA POST Cert and was wondering what it's going to take to get a TN POST cert. Thanks for the replies guys.

In order to obtain TN POST Commission you may have to attend the 3-week transitional academy at the TN Law Enforcement Training Academy (TLETA). Some others will chime in about reserves around middle TN. I think Rutherford County SO, Wilson County SO, and a few others.
    I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Originally posted by SgtScott31 View Post
      In order to obtain TN POST Commission you may have to attend the 3-week transitional academy at the TN Law Enforcement Training Academy (TLETA). Some others will chime in about reserves around middle TN. I think Rutherford County SO, Wilson County SO, and a few others.
      Thx for the reply Sir. Hoping I can find a Dept close to Nashville that has Reserves.

Comment

I was LASD, Lennox... reserve class 104 and 108 level 1... moved to Memphis and full time out here.. PM me if you want some insight from a fellow tan and green...

Comment

You don't get POST certified unless you are a full time officer in Tennessee. If you were hired full time the department would submit an application for certification along with your training and request for you to attend the State Transitional academy like SgtScott said.

As far as reserves I think all the surrounding counties & cities around Davidson County/Nashville have reserves. I would ask around to officers to see what their reserve program is like. Some departments reserves don't do much while others reserve officers are taking calls and making cases.
          Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

Originally posted by JDCOP View Post
            You don't get POST certified unless you are a full time officer in Tennessee. If you were hired full time the department would submit an application for certification along with your training and request for you to attend the State Transitional academy like SgtScott said.

As far as reserves I think all the surrounding counties & cities around Davidson County/Nashville have reserves. I would ask around to officers to see what their reserve program is like. Some departments reserves don't do much while others reserve officers are taking calls and making cases.
            I'm hoping to find a Dept that let's Reserves do regular police work because as a Level 1 Reserve for LASD, we go 10-8 like the full time guys.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtScott31 View Post
              You have to be sponsored by a department to go to the 3 week class. We had a guy come from Florida and ran into that problem. Then again, if a department knew you were able to get a full POST and work solo, they may be willing to front you a sponsorship to TLETA. I dont know which ones let their guys go solo, but I know that Williamson County has a big reserve program. I dont know how many guys go and actually work, but if your picked up, you can work off duty security type gigs and get paid.

http://www.williamsoncounty-tn.gov/index.aspx?nid=129

Comment

I would suggest looking into Gallatin PD for their reserve program. I think you can actually police as a reserve. Now I don't want to confuse you on the certification thing but TN only requires full time officers to be certified. You could be paid part time or even a reserve without a certification and ride solo once the department allows it. Your prior training will help cut down on the initial training time.
                Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

Originally posted by MPD4Me View Post
                  I was LASD, Lennox... reserve class 104 and 108 level 1... moved to Memphis and full time out here.. PM me if you want some insight from a fellow tan and green...
                  PM'd

Comment

Wilson county, mt juliet, Lavergne all have reserve programs but none go 10-8 like full time guys that I know of

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5957 users online. 297 members and 5660 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X