300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deal's Gap- Tail of the Dragon

I posted this in the off duty section as well but figured this might be a better place to get info:

Hey all,
    Anybody have any advice on the area? I will be traveling down from WI the first week in June and staying in Gatlinburg. If I can figure out a way to get the R6 down as well,(Riding is not an option from WI due to the short stay and 12 hours straight through on the bike would be killer) I would love to ride the gap, just looking for any tips, suggestions or places to take my neices to see while in the area; Gatlinburg, Deal's Gap or otherwise in TN

If you are looking for outdoor type activities then Gatlinburg is full of trails and hiking areas, then main road between Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg has a nice National Park Area, even a 12 mile nature trail you can drive. Lots of bear activity last time i was there...

Pigeon Forge is probably more along the lines of where you want to take Kids/Wife... Hundreds and Hundreds of outlets and shops, lots of little amusement parks, water parks. Dolly Wood is nice if you have the time and money. Make sure you take the time and walk the streets of Gatlinburg, there are all kinds of places to stop. They have a very nice aquirium, Riply Believe it or not musuem, Dukes of Hazard Musuem, Lots of things to do there... If you have an appreciation for the outdoors then you will fit right in.

Comment

The dragon is AMAZING fun. The whole area really. Cherohala Skyway, Blue Ridge Parkway, Hell Bender...just about every road down there is a blast. I go riding there every year for a week and it's not enough.

Stay in NC if you can in the RObbinsville area. It's a bit more expensive but the scenery is much better. Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge are trashy tourist traps. They're kind of amusing and funny at first but really wear on you after a few days. Gatlinburg is nice than Pigeon Forge. Beware the dreaded "It's a dry county" BS you get seemingly everywhere. Well worth it to rent a trailer or borrow a friends pickup to bring the bike. The National parks are amazing as well! It's fun to go tubing and all that stuff as well.

Comment

Thanks guys, I am thinking the bike part of the trip may be scratched since I will be traveling with my young daughter and two nieces I won't have much time to ride which will just make me angry. So, I guess another trip will have to be planned for later in the summer... then I can also go with some motorcycle buddies.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6459 users online. 348 members and 6111 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X