• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brentwood TN is hiring

Brentwood TN is hiring. https://brentwood-tn.org/index.aspx?page=83

Anyone know how many?

Comment

Heard 2...then one officer resigned....maybe 3 now? I will check with Lt. sometime this week. If you are applying....Eat your Wheaties. Anyone who has tested with us can tell you how competitive it is.

Comment

I was told they are hiring 2.
        Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

Is it the same as some of the before hiring processes? A test down at the community center off Concord? Then an interview later in the day if you got an 85?
          You can teach a monkey to write tickets, but this was a REAL Police Officer: http://www.ncea314.com/bishop.aspx

My President is Jack Bauer, not Barry Soetero

Comment

For those of you who are in the know, what is BPD like to work for? Politics alright? Support? I couldn't help but notice the pay discrepancy between Brentwood ($33k) and Metro Nashville ($42k if you have a degree).

Comment

The pay difference is possibly varying work details. Metro Nashville is much busier than Brentwood. The work load, and various other aspects of the job are dramatically different, which explains the difference in pay.
              I don't work for Brentwood, but I would speculate that most of their work load deals with primarily traffic and alarm calls.
              You are what you do.

Comment

Metro and others may start out higher than us at Brentwood...but nobody is going to top out as high as BPD. We have the best equipment, training, resources, the community supports BPD, the city backs us, and the people who work here are great and professional. If you are looking to run and gun all shift long and get into "stuff" all the time, then you might want to look elsewhere. BPD does not have the call volume that Metro has, but we stay "steady". We do a lot of traffic, accidents, alarms, and the majority of our "paper calls" I would say are property crimes (the residents have nicer stuff I guess). For those that don't know, Brentwood is a very, very upscale city that has no apartment complexes, trailer parks, projects, or multi-family dwellings. There are a large number of celebrities and professional athletes here, and a lot of higher-up executives.
                Hope that helped a little bit.

Comment

Sincityjeff, do you work for bpd? Your profile says NV

Comment

What is Brentwood's work schedule? 4 10 hr days or 5 8 hr days or 12 hr days?

Comment

Yeah I work for BPD. I was an officer in Nevada first, and never got around to changing my profile. We currently work 5 8-hour shifts.

Comment

Anyone have an idea what the written test is like? Is it similar to Metro's test?

Also, what is BPD's policy on ride alongs?
                        Last edited by ERMJ; 05-02-2011, 08:54 AM.

Comment

As of yesterday they had about 140 who applied. The test is written and timed. After the test they only interview the top 50% of those who passed. The first interview is that same day at the city library where the written test was taken. Later, if you get a second interview, you get a call from HR to schedule the second interview at headquarters. If you don't get a call back for a second interview within two days after the first interview, your most likely out of the running. The test is supposed to changed this year for those of you who have taken it in the past. It may be harder or easier, I don't know.

Comment

140 for 2, maybe 4 positions. Those are some tough odds.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4383 users online. 268 members and 4115 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X