300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• east tennessee police officers

im from around morristown and was wondering if there are any officers on here from around that area

You got a question or something?

Comment

just wantin to c if anybody on here was from around that area i have 4 months and ill be of age to be a police officer finally a dream come true im really hoping for the morristown police dept or the hamblen county sheriffs dept

Comment

The HCSO starts you in the jail, for at least a year. And of course politics factor in as well.

Comment

easttnleo do you work for the hcso

Comment

I would suggest to you, as you are young to not only think of this (1) dept, I would suggest look at all depts in a commuting distance that you would consider moving or becoming employed by.

This day and age of LE there are too many overly qualified LE professionals looking for depts that are hiring from layoffs and what not. Also alot of budget have these smaller cities and counties/ states on hold for hiring.

So put in for everything and see how it goes.

Comment

yeah i just put those two down i plan on puttin in applications in all the departments in the surrounding counties were i live i just want to be a leo so doesnt matter to me where i work

Comment

I don't work for HCSO, but know them very well. I would try Knoxville as well...they will probably hire before MPD does.

Comment

also just wanting some opinions on this as well walters state will be puttin on a law enforcment academy class starting july 25th and ending sep 16 should i go ahead and put up the money and just take this class or just wait and if i get hired on with a dept let them pay for me to go would it help my chances a lot to go ahead and do the class

Comment

Up to you. In East TN, it definately wouldn't hurt to have the academy out of way, especially when all departments around here are in budget crisis it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by easttnleo View Post
                      Up to you. In East TN, it definately wouldn't hurt to have the academy out of way, especially when all departments around here are in budget crisis it seems.
                      X2^^^^^^^^

Knoxville is about your best bet (in East, TN) of having a dept send you to the academy. But they are not currently accepting applications. If you were willing to move around the state Nashville Metro and Memphis have their own academies and would send you. Also Shelby county will be accepting application in the next week or so and they send you to their academy (Theirs starts in NOV).

For East, TN you may have to go work in the jail for atleast a year or so, depending on the county. Knox co starts you in the jail and after one year you are eligible to go to the road, but dont hold your breath. Just put in for everything.

You may have better luck sending yourself if you plan to stay in East, TN. to get a patrol job. But just cause you go to the self sponsored academy does not guarantee you a job...

Comment

Go to the academy, INVEST IN YOURSELF
                        You can teach a monkey to write tickets, but this was a REAL Police Officer: http://www.ncea314.com/bishop.aspx

My President is Jack Bauer, not Barry Soetero

Comment

yeah i think thats the rout im going to do im in the process of gettin all of my paper work turned in the police academy starts the 25th of july im gettin pretty excited

Comment

Dare Supporter hit it on the head,put yourself through the academy and you'll stand a better
                            chance of getting on with a department. Actually a 90% chance of getting on within a year.
                            Which is how long you have before having to repeat the academy or challenge the post test
                            if not with a department upon graduating the academy within a year. I went to Cleveland State
                            and most of the guys that werent with a department got on somewhere within months. Also keep
                            in mind,if you go to a sponsered academy,then wind up getting hired by Chattanooga,Knoxville,Knox
                            County,Blount County, and Nashville you'll have to go through THEIR academy. They wont recognize
                            the fact your post certified else where. Good luck,also keep in mind it doesnt hurt to get some education
                            and possibly volunteer work under your belt to make you more appeling to Agencys. This is a competive
                            field so every little bit of experince you can get helps.

Comment

I agree, a lot of departments want someone that they can mold then a guy like myself with experience that might have bad habits(according to them). Don't necessarily agree with that stance, but that's just the way it is.
                              You can teach a monkey to write tickets, but this was a REAL Police Officer: http://www.ncea314.com/bishop.aspx

My President is Jack Bauer, not Barry Soetero

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6341 users online. 345 members and 5996 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X