300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question for Metro Nashville PD

I was in Nashville Saturday night watching the UK game with some friends. On the way home I noticed several blue blinking lights on top of boxes high on utility poles. They caught my eye, and I thought the box had a police logo on them. What are they? I haven't been in Nashville in several years and don't remember seeing them before.

Also, why don't Metro officers use the portable breath tests for suspicious DUI drivers?

Thanks.
    When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

If I'm not mistaken I believe those are cameras. Nobody can use the portable breath test until the state allows it. They only allow the use of 1 machine and that's it.
    Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

Those are cameras downtown. As far as PBTs, they are now allowed in TN (per the TBI). The TBI only wants certain ones to be utilized that display a "pass/fail" readout (not BAC percentage). MNPD DUI guys just got some brand new intoximeters that are supposed to be pretty nice. I got to check one out during the last DUI training class at the state academy. MNPD and Memphis are the first ones in the state to use them. These are not PBTs, but actual intoximeters to eventually replace the ECIR IIs. Regardless of whether PBTs are allowed, it's really up to the individual agency to decide to use them.
      I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Originally posted by SgtScott31 View Post
        As far as PBTs, they are now allowed in TN (per the TBI).
        You are the DUI instructor so I pose this question to you. Did that change with Jan 1, 2011 ammendments to 55-10-406?
        10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime. (SgtScott31 jacked this from me, I had it first, but no hard feelings.)

Comment

Originally posted by Ramblinman View Post
          You are the DUI instructor so I pose this question to you. Did that change with Jan 1, 2011 ammendments to 55-10-406?

Sorry, ignore that last question. I am tired and I read the NOW as NOT...... Time for sleep....
          10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime. (SgtScott31 jacked this from me, I had it first, but no hard feelings.)

Comment

Originally posted by Ramblinman View Post
            Sorry, ignore that last question. I am tired and I read the NOW as NOT...... Time for sleep....
            It's all good.
            I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5050 users online. 282 members and 4768 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X