300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City of Jackson Police Department or Madison County Sheriff Office

I recently applied to both of these departments and I wanted a little insight on how they operate.

Swat, I applied to both departments on Friday as well.

Did they tell you any information reguarding when the next testing would be taken place? I asked the woman who just told me they do it a few times a year?

Comment

I applied for Madison County like the beginning of the year. Its weird because you turn the application in at the testing site. The test for that was held on Feb. 16 this year. It was really easy, with 50 questions compared to the testing Im used to here in Wisconsin with about 200 questions. But, I did pass and havent heard anything since. As far as the City of Jackson, I actually turned my application in when I went to TN for the Madison County test. I received a letter in the mail stating that the test is April 15th. So I will be in Jackson that day for that one. I applied for the city back in 2007 also. I passed the test, they really liked me in the interview. The LT. pulled me aside after the interview and told me how good it was. He asked when I was going back to Wisconsin and if I could get the backround packet back before I left. But I guess they found more qualified candidates that time around, so I am now applying again.

dvpikes, are you from Jackson?

Comment

Yeah, the lady told me when i turned in my app that they already had all the tests ordered for the 15th test day (i'm having eye surgery the 14th so i wouldn't have been able to anyway). When i asked her anything i should have just asked the guy standing on the side of the street, she had no idea. I'm sure they give priority to more local people, or at least i feel like they do at memphis anyway.

A friend of mine works as an officer for the city and they are hiring around 50 more officers btw the two departments so maybe you'll have some better luck this time. If your moving to TN you should also look into the city of Memphis. Its more dangerous but the pay is alot better.

I'm actually from about an hour north of Jackson, but i'll be moving to memphis at the beg of June. Memphis is my first choice, but jackson or mad. co would be a good second.

Comment

Hiring about 50 more officers, that's good to hear. Yeah, I was looking to move to Jackosn. I have family there also so it wouldnt be a blind move. I thought about applying for memphis also but I wasnt sure if I wanted to move there. Your friend that works for the city, does he like that department? As far as employees that he works with and the equipment they use.

Comment

I gottcha, i was wondering what motivated you to move from WI to west TN lol.

My buddy is from the same hometown that I am although he's a few years older. He applied to Nashville Metro but got cut due to a failed psych, then spent 2 years in Houston. He moved back closer to home and to a smaller city which he felt more comfortable in (keep in mind the town we are from has a pop of around 4500 people).

Anyway, from everything he always says he speaks highly for the most part of the fellow officers and any city personel he comes into contact with. Just like any other place, there are a few bad things to any story but he really enjoys what he does. The major complaint is being too bored all the time haha.

I haven't really asked him about the eq. that the city uses but the next time I run into him i'll see what he has to say.

Comment

I visit TN a few times a year and I really like it there. The weather is decent compared to the cold winters here in wisconsin. My wife also wants to get outta WI, so I guess we both are in need of a environment change. Also, from what I have noticed the people down there are soo friendly no matter what color you are, and I like that. Im 25 years old and I have been aroud Law Enforcement since I was 14, now working in it, and I just love it. But, I need to find somewhere I can settle down in to it and TN seems like the place for me.

Comment

Well good luck man. I've grown up here (only 22 however lol). I've been fortunant to travel around pretty frequently on family vacations and trips with school and you won't find anywhere where the people are more friendly than they are in west tn (with the exception of Memphis).

My uncle and cousin were both in the TBI (Tennessee Bureau of Investigation) and ever since I was little they've hung the moon. I'll obtain my BA in accounting and eventually want to get into federal law enforcement in some sense after getting some experience.

If you have any more questions non LE related to the Jackson area or anywhere in west TN for that matter, feel free to PM me i'll try to help ya out

Comment

I took the test On friday and I think I did well. The only part I have little confidence in is the memory part. I dont think they give you enough time to look at the photo. I feel really good about this one though. Ill keep you updated on the process.

Comment

So I passed the test for JPD and I wll be taking the physical portion on the 10th. yahoooo!

Comment

SWAT, i've been out of pocket for a little while and just caught back up to the forum, how'd the phsical portion go?

Comment

Is that SWAT in your name a qualification or an aspiration? I was at your tryout. Heard anything?

Comment

Anyone care to comment on what the JPD or MCSD physical test consisted of? Push ups. pull ups, sit ups, crunches, 2 mile, adjility, pass/fail limits, etc?

Comment

No PAT for MCSD. PAT for JPD is 1 mile, pushups, situps, pullups, dips, standing long jump, flexibility test, and a dummy drag. The run, 1 mile in 9:30, washes about 20-30% out right off the bat. Come physically and mentally prepared and you'll be fine. PM me with specific q's. Looking at 2 more hire classes this FY so go ahead and apply.

Comment

jpdswatcop - i'd like to pm you a few questions but it looks like you have your pm's turned off.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4349 users online. 270 members and 4079 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X