300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lakewood Police

If everything goes through with dissolving the city of Lakewood, then what will happen with city speeding tickets issued that people haven't gone to court on? And also, what about criminal cases that LPD officers have to go to court on in upcoming months... If the city is dissolved, how would they get paid for their time... And I doubt they'll be too enthusiastic about going to court for a department that no longer exists... I was just curious how all that stuff would play out since they voted to go metro... Anybody have any thoughts on how this works?

im not sure how the traffic court would work, but unless the officers just went to court, the criminal cases would get dismissed. I doubt that the city will put back any money to pay them.

Comment

I talked to some officers from there. They did not write any traffic citations for beyond the surrender date. The criminal part will mean several cases being dismissed unless they just felt obligated to show up on their time. I wouldn't say they are done yet from what I hear.
      Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

Late to the thread, but just to clarify, we didn't write any traffic citations past the last city traffic court date. As far as criminal cases went, well too bad. No pay, no play basically.

The thing that wasn't clarified was if people didn't go to court or pay thier fines (like nobody EVER does that!) on their assigned date, the city submitted to have their license suspended.

Now that the city is gone, how do people with suspended DL's pay their fines/get their licenses reinstated?

Also all of the city stuff went to Metro in exchange for them absorbing all the city's debt. Suppossed to have been put up for auction. Any other questions about Lakewood that I can answer just let me know and I'll try to answer them for you.

Comment

I'd guess that if the criminal case was serious enough, the former officer could be subpoenaed. That is, if the DA wanted to press it. Here in Williamson County they issue subpoenas to us for all of our cases anyway. The DL reinstatement issue is an interesting one.

Comment

They issue subpoenas for everyone required to attend court in Davidson County. The hard part is finding people to serve the subpoenas. Also here if you don't show they just dismiss the case. On occasion a judge will get their panties in a bunch and call your department if you aren't at court.

Comment

Well when they used to issue subpeonas they would fax them over and say it was "served". We all put our address on the paperwork as the address for the PD, like most officers do I would guess. So if they wanted to "serve" a subpeona, they would have to find us first I believe.

Comment

stemple you bum! Hows that gubment check treating you? You got dreds yet?

Comment

No dreds. My wife made me shave off the brostache and goatee last week, but I am absolutely sucking off the .gov teat. Retired from the military too, effective 01 Aug.

Getting ready to move to Florida this weekend. My wife has a nice job with the feds there and I am going to play kept man for a bit, then get on a PD down there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5571 users online. 317 members and 5254 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X