300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **Thinking about coming to Tn**

how is the hiring for police officers in the state. ill be coming from Florida, just curious if its as bad as here.

thanks alot.

anybody!!!

Comment

It's hit and miss, there is no mass hiring or anything I know of... Most places are hiring 1-3 at a time to replace empty slots. But it's not a good as it was a couple years ago..

Comment

Is there a particular part of the state you want to work?

Comment

I have 4 places in mind. Chattanooga, Knoxville, Nashville, Memphis. not really familiar with the area, But they are my top choices.
          Last edited by Supercop11; 03-31-2010, 12:46 AM. Reason: got danns liking

Comment

With that type of English. You'll go far in TN.. haha
            The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

I sent that last post from my phone. and yea im from Texas so any where southern ill fit in lol. but people get what im saying. haha

Comment

I'm pretty sure that there are topics with many pages on each of the departments you just listed....Maybe you should search instead of being lazy!

Comment

i did search. but its better to get inside info. thx for your 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Supercop11 View Post
                    i did search. but its better to get inside info. thx for your 2 cents.
                    Knoxville will accept applications year around.
                    Nashville the same I believe, someone in that area can confirm or not.
                    Memphis did, but recently stopped accepting due to the overload of applications.
                    Chattanooga, me personally i have not seen them hiring in a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by DARE_SUPPORTER View Post
                      Knoxville will accept applications year around.
                      Nashville the same I believe, someone in that area can confirm or not.
                      Memphis did, but recently stopped accepting due to the overload of applications.
                      Chattanooga, me personally i have not seen them hiring in a long time.
                      out of the four, what would you say is the best department to work for

Comment

out of the four, what would you say is the best department to work for
                        Personally, I have been through the whole hiring process of Knoxville and i absolutely love the area (Very Nice) But they dont pay squat...30K in the academy which is 24 weeks long and then you bump to 31.5K...regardless whether you have been through an academy or not your doing your 24weeks there. The pay is why I turned it down.

I would say if you want to make $$$$$$, I would hand downs go with Memphis PD (and Im sure some will disagree) but you will make the cash, you can find good info here http://mpdacademy.com/index.php

MPD tops out in 3yrs at 51.5K and the cost of living is no different than East TN in my opinion, I have lived in both places.

You may want to look at Nashville Metro I dont know what hiring looks like for them and what the pay is, but Im sure its better than Knoxville.

Comment

thanks alot man, you have been very helpful. Memphis looks really nice also. i hear thats the worst area in tn when it comes to crime. lol

Comment

thanks alot man, you have been very helpful. Memphis looks really nice also. i hear thats the worst area in tn when it comes to crime. lol
                            You know they rank it up on the top 5 or so most dangerous cities, and I wont lie it is rough but if you know where to live and stay your good. Stay in the outer cities Bartlett, Germantown, or Collierville (these are East of Memphis) Or go south and stay in Hornlake, Southaven, Olivebranch Mississippi. But then again it would determine what there living policy was. Feel free to yell at me anytime.

Comment

Nashville pays well too.

PAY RATES OFFICER CLASSIFICATION HOURLY MONTHLY ANNUALLY
                              POLICE OFFICER TRAINEE 16.45 2,850.67 34,208.00
                              POLICE OFFICER I 18.28 3,167.67 38,012.00
                              PO I - *3% EDUCATION INCENTIVE 39,152.36
                              PO I - *6% EDUCATION INCENTIVE 40,292.72
                              POLICE OFFICER II 20.24 3,508.50 42,102.00
                              PO II - *3% EDUCATION INCENTIVE 43,365.06
                              PO II - *6% EDUCATION INCENTIVE 44,628.12

*3% - ASSOCIATES DEGREE, 6% - BACHELORS DEGREE
                              *AFTER GRADUATION FROM ACADEMY AND PROOF OF EDUCATION

BENEFITS
                              •DEFERRED COMPENSATION
                              •LONGEVITY PAY
                              •OVERTIME PAY
                              •STATE SUPPLEMENTED IN-SERVICE PAY ($600)
                              •20 PAID MILITARY DAYS PER YEAR
                              •COMPENSATED FOR TIME SPENT IN COURT
                              •VESTED FOR PENSION AFTER 5 YEARS
                              •VESTED FOR MEDICAL PENSION AFTER 10 YEARS
                              •USE OF MONTGOMERY GI BILLS, IN FIRST YEAR OF TRAINING
                              INSURANCE
                              •HEALTH: Blue Cross / Blue Shield / CIGNA
                              •LIFE: FREE - 2 TIMES ANNUAL SALARY UP TO $50,000
                              •DENTAL: FREE - SINGLE COVERAGE
                              •OPTIONAL VISION INSURANCE
                              •MENTAL HEALTH/SUBSTANCE ABUSE INSURANCE
                              •ADDITIONAL COVERAGE AVAILABLE THROUGH PAYROLL DEDUCTIONS
                              VACATION
                              •20 PAID VACATION DAYS AFTER ONE YEAR
                              •10 PAID HOLIDAYS PER YEAR
                              •3 PERSONAL LEAVE DAYS PER YEAR
                              •1 SICK DAY PER MONTH ACCUMULATED UP TO 120 DAYS
                              CLOTHING AND EQUIPMENT ALLOWANCE
                              •$200 EVERY SIX MONTHS FOR UNIFORM MAINTENANCE
                              •BASIC EQUIPMENT AND SIDEARM ISSUED DURING ACADEMY TRAINING

They aren't quite as dangerous as Memphis but they have their fare share of gangs too. You might also check Symrna (15 or so miles SE of Nashville). They start at around 38,000 dollars. It's about a 60 or so man dept.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8496 users online. 422 members and 8074 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X