300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Area

Hey everyone I am planning on applying with the Memphis PD. When and if I ever get hired I would have to move down there from Wisconsin. My question is what are some the of the better areas to live in? I would probably just rent an apartment for the first couple years down there so if anyone could give me any insight on better areas and apartment complexes I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

Mud Island if you live downtown, if not the go with Germantown, Cordova, Bartlett, or Collierville.

If you work for MPD I think they require you to live in the city unless they changed it, Im sure one of them (MPD officer) will chime in, I would suggest Cordova it is still memphis city but it is a nice area.

Mud Island is great though.

Good luck

Comment

Please feel free to PM me when/If you make the big move, I will help you because I moved to Memphis not having anyone with info and ended up living in a Crap hole for about 8 months before moving out and getting to a nice area.

Comment

Kensington Manor(in Memphis) off of Getwell is very nice......

Comment

Reason for Editing.
          Last edited by lazycop; 02-24-2010, 01:05 AM.
          Work smarter not harder!

Comment

I am detecting some sarcasm If so its fine I just really need some ideas on decent places to live in this city. They dont have to be perfect but I dont want to have to worry about my stuff getting stolen every night. I will also have my fiance with me and I want to make sure she will be safe thanks guys

Comment

Reason for Editing.
              Last edited by lazycop; 02-24-2010, 01:05 AM.
              Work smarter not harder!

Comment

Originally posted by lazycop View Post
                Here is the thing. As with any city there are good areas and bad. It's just that here there is a bit more bad than good. It is best if you "see" the place you want to live before moving down. If it looks bad it is, if it looks good then you probably didn't look hard enough because it's bad too . Like was said, most of the areas outside the city are nice. Mud Island (Harbor Town) is nice but ridiculously expensive unless you want a packed apartment complex. You also don't have anywhere to buy everyday things down there. Cordova is not bad, far east memphis is nice. If you like being alone there are some nice places around Millington and Shelby Forrest. Play with this site if you havent already https://crimemapper.memphispolice.or...pper/index.cfm

I highlighted the stuff in red for a reason. I lived in Germantown (nice area) for a while, had someone try to break in my truck in broad daylight, it happens everywhere. You'r future wife will probably have a job, go shopping, etc. Chances are she will pass through some rough areas. You should both get a handgun carry permit as soon as you can.
                Lazycop, great info for the guy...

I moved down blind when I left FLETC. that wasnt fun...lol

Comment

Originally posted by DARE_SUPPORTER View Post
                  Lazycop, great info for the guy...

I moved down blind when I left FLETC. that wasnt fun...lol
                  Dare,
                  Are you the TVA guy that drives the sn***y SUV??? very nice ride......

Comment

Originally posted by gonzoak View Post
                    Dare,
                    Are you the TVA guy that drives the sn***y SUV??? very nice ride......
                    Yes Sir....
                    Last edited by DARE_SUPPORTER; 11-08-2009, 02:18 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6565 users online. 369 members and 6196 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X