300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cookeville or Algood PD's

Looking for general information on these departments in Tennessee. If anyone can give me approximate pay scales, morale problems, and general working conditions, it would be most appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.cookeville-tn.org/police/

http://www.algood-tn.com/police.html

Both links are very limited on info, hopefully we can get someone to chime in for you. You looking to get out of Memphis PD?

Good Luck and trying to help.

Comment

Originally posted by DARE_SUPPORTER View Post
      http://www.cookeville-tn.org/police/

http://www.algood-tn.com/police.html

Both links are very limited on info, hopefully we can get someone to chime in for you. You looking to get out of Memphis PD?

Good Luck and trying to help.
      Yeah, I have been to both websites......they don't tell me the information I need to know. I was hoping someone has worked for, or knows of someone who has worked for either dept. I need the lowdown on how they police, morale, mobility...........are all the supervisors buttholes? You know, the usual questions that are important to police officers who are not rookies (LOL). I like my job in Memphis, but I am keeping options opened for better places to live.

Comment

Cool deal buddy, if i find any info i will send your way

Comment

Hello there! I will try to the best of my ability to help you out Dixie. I have lived in Algood my entire life and am a member of the Algood Volunteer Fire Dept. We have a very close bond with our PD, so i hope my opinion of Algood PD isnt biased. The Algood PD has had lots of problems in the past, but over the past few years they have really turned it around. Lots of good guys, especially Cheif Eldridge. Algood has a very small Dept. I think they have 12 officers, maybe less? I'm not sure about the pay, but i will find out. I do know they only hire people that are already certified, so you're good to go there.
          As far as Cookeville PD. They are a bunch of GOONS..... JUST KIDDING! My father just retired from CPD. It's a very good Dept. I'm close friends with alot of people there. Their SGT's are great, for the most part. I think the starting pay is around $28K??? Not sure, but I will most def find out, and talk to a couple of the guys to see what their overall opinion is about being employed there.
          Sorry that this probably didn't help out at all. I'll have some better info for ya in the next few days.

Comment

Originally posted by FutureTrooper88 View Post
            Hello there! I will try to the best of my ability to help you out Dixie. I have lived in Algood my entire life and am a member of the Algood Volunteer Fire Dept. We have a very close bond with our PD, so i hope my opinion of Algood PD isnt biased. The Algood PD has had lots of problems in the past, but over the past few years they have really turned it around. Lots of good guys, especially Cheif Eldridge. Algood has a very small Dept. I think they have 12 officers, maybe less? I'm not sure about the pay, but i will find out. I do know they only hire people that are already certified, so you're good to go there.
            As far as Cookeville PD. They are a bunch of GOONS..... JUST KIDDING! My father just retired from CPD. It's a very good Dept. I'm close friends with alot of people there. Their SGT's are great, for the most part. I think the starting pay is around $28K??? Not sure, but I will most def find out, and talk to a couple of the guys to see what their overall opinion is about being employed there.
            Sorry that this probably didn't help out at all. I'll have some better info for ya in the next few days.
            I appreciate your response FutureTrooper. I really love the area.......we visit family there regularly, and each time we hate leaving. I have a lot of time built up here in Memphis, and will soon see many chances for advancement here (Plus, Im no spring chicken). It would be really hard to start over. Thanks again for commenting!

Comment

Originally posted by FutureTrooper88 View Post
              Cookeville does not run openings to many times a year. If you see it then I would definitely jump on it. The cost of living in Cookeville is very nice in comparison to starting salary. I took the written test there and it is one of the toughest I have taken. I don't know what it was but I struggled with that one more than any other one I've taken. I grew up in the area and it would be a great department to work for.
              Good luck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4319 users online. 306 members and 4013 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X