300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chattanooga

Anyone hear anything new on when Chattanooga might have another Academy? Are there any CPD Officers on this board? Everything I read and hear says the CPD needs Officers but nothing is in the works.

Thanks....

Chattanooga Hopeful!!!!

The last thing I heard was a possible July academy but nothing in stone.

Comment

they posted a job listing for police officer tonight- I got the email at 11:04 PM ET and had the online app submitted at 11:27.

I think it's a good sign that they've posted the job again, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by knoxLEOhopeful View Post
        they posted a job listing for police officer tonight- I got the email at 11:04 PM ET and had the online app submitted at 11:27.

I think it's a good sign that they've posted the job again, obviously.
        Hopefully. They are woefully understaffed

Comment

So if you have a B.S. degree, do you have to take a written test? I heard a rumor about that somewhere.

Just curious.

Comment

Nevermind. found the answer to the question in a PDF file. The Physical test looks pretty challenging. Any idea what the obstacle course is like?

Comment

The PAT is easy. Starts with the obstacle course which consists of a short run, go up and down some stairs 2 times, weave in and out of some cones, jump a short fence (5 feet or so) run over a balance beam, then do the dummy drag. It took me under 60 seconds. I'm pretty sure under 1:10 is max score. Then you do the pullups, pushups, situps and 1/4 mile run. Overall it was easy.

Good luck!! If you are in decent shape you should do fine.

FYI- I know they already have enough approved candidates for the next Academy class (whenever that may be) so I have no idea why they have started testing again.

Comment

hey Chatt2009, I appreciate the heads up.

I wonder if they are going to get regular academies at multiple times during the year back up and running...

Comment

Originally posted by knoxLEOhopeful View Post
                  hey Chatt2009, I appreciate the heads up.

I wonder if they are going to get regular academies at multiple times during the year back up and running...
                  They need to. Chattanooga is down to a little over 400 sworn now with 45 eligible to retire this year. They are budgeted for 472 Officers but the Mayor enacted a hiring freeze. We have VW coming to town and they are annexing 8 areas that the City needs to provide services for. The CPD is overworked and needs some fresh meat. I just hope I get the call soon- I've been near the top of the eligible list since June. I'm getting discouraged.

Comment

Well, I just received a email from a Recruiter from the CPD to see if I am still interested. I called to confirm and the Recruiter said that they are just updating the information on their applicant pool- there is nothing in the works for another Academy at this time. I find it odd thought that they would be doing this AND opening up the application process again if they don't plan on having multiple Academy dates soon.

Comment

At least they're taking apps again. I am applying for Knoxville Police this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Chatt2009 View Post
                        They need to. Chattanooga is down to a little over 400 sworn now with 45 eligible to retire this year. They are budgeted for 472 Officers but the Mayor enacted a hiring freeze. We have VW coming to town and they are annexing 8 areas that the City needs to provide services for. The CPD is overworked and needs some fresh meat. I just hope I get the call soon- I've been near the top of the eligible list since June. I'm getting discouraged.
                        Hang in there. I finished the process in 2007 and they told me they decided to have a lateral academy. Then 8 months later they call me with a start date! I was already in training with another agency so had to turn it down. They lost my paperwork 3 or 4 times in the process and had to keep resubmitting everything!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5105 users online. 287 members and 4818 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X