300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennessee Highway Patrol

I was wondering if anyone on here could tell me if THP has rotating shifts or are they permanent? I looked at some of the other THP threads and their website and couldn't find anything about the shifts they work. Also are they 8, 10, or 12 hour shifts? Thank you for any information you can provide.

8 hour shift, But dont look at them hiring anytime soon.

Comment

Thank you for your response. I still have two years at FSU so I am just trying to get some information now hoping that they might be hiring when I graduate. I want to be a state trooper one day and I am just looking at some Highway Patrol's outside of Florida.

Comment

As of now, you probably have a better bet for FL, as to TN, the budget just isnt so good here for the state and isnt looking so good in the future either.

Good luck none the less.

Comment

Originally posted by DARE_SUPPORTER View Post
          As of now, you probably have a better bet for FL, as to TN, the budget just isnt so good here for the state and isnt looking so good in the future either.

Good luck none the less.
          Better Bet in FL? The FHP is in bad shape down there.
          Alot of people have left the agency over the last 3 years..

Comment

Originally posted by mgaray9273 View Post
            Better Bet in FL? The FHP is in bad shape down there.
            Alot of people have left the agency over the last 3 years..
            I guess scratch Florida....LOL

Had no idea they were so bad, dont try to keep up with them. good luck

Comment

Florida probably isnt that bad, considering by what their website say was they were starting a academy class this past August 09.

TN= not happening in 2009

Comment

All departments have their own issues. I check out the FHP message board below from time to time. FHP seems to have major moral issues. Check out some of their trooper's comments.

http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewfor...5882d3c92edf59

Comment

FHP makes $52.00 an hour on off duty details from what I hear.

Comment

Originally posted by travis976 View Post
                    FHP makes $52.00 an hour on off duty details from what I hear.
                    Not bad, but with a $32k/year salary in a high cost of living state, they need something else to help pay the bills!

Comment

Check out North Carolina. If I had it to do over again, I'd have tried to go to the NCSHP. They're process is still open for the 2010 school.

Comment

There was a write up in the Knoxville News Sentinel regarding the highway patrol and their numbers. According to the article, with the required trimming of budgets, the THP will have 9 road Troopers on the road for every 100,000 people in our great state. That's down from 13 in the late 70s. There's about 40 fewer Troopers on the road now than there were in the late 70s according to this article. I don't think this is good news for anyone hoping to get hired on by the THP.

As someone who's looking to get into this field, I highly respect what they do and how they do it. I was even impressed with them when they issued me a citation for speeding my freshman year in college.

I know a few troopers- it's a shame all the crap that's happened to their agency with the scandals and all that. A lot of really good troopers out there.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/de...ighway-patrol/

Comment

Hiring for THP will need to wait when the legislature goes back into session. However, the budget was approved last session of this legislature. There was no money available for hiring. I don't forsee any help this session.
                          That's what they do, it's a trailer park.

Comment

The State will be making cuts if anything. I hear of possible layoffs and this is not rumor.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5901 users online. 328 members and 5573 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X