300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MNPD November Academy Recruits

Just wondering if anyone out there is going through the post-conditional offer testing phase right now and planning on being in the November academy. Would be good to network a little bit seeing as how we might potentially be spending 22 weeks together!
    There are three things every man needs:
    An adventure to live,
    A battle to fight,
    And a beauty to love.

Hey, Hows it going? Ive already done all the post-conditonal offer interviews and I am just waiting to get the all important call. Which could have possibly came the Friday while I was at work. I work Noon-8pm and were not allowed to have our personal cell phones with us. It was from a lady named "Nina" in Metro Human Resource and she told me to call back as soon as I could. Which will have to wait till tomorrow (Monday). I am anxious to find out what it could possibly be. Ill be sure to let you all know whats going on as soon as I find out.

Scooperson

Comment

Well good luck! I'm doing the massive written portion of the psychological on the 28th, with the follow up on the 5th. Is it pretty stressful? Anyways, I hope the news turns out to be great for you tomorrow!
      An adventure to live,
      A battle to fight,
      And a beauty to love.

Comment

Im in the middle of my BI right now. What is the oral interview like with the investigator? Do they hammer you pretty hard about things or is it a typical job interview. How long after the interview did you receive a conditional offer?

Comment

GOOD NEWS to ALL....I spoke with Nina from Human Resources and I will be attending the Meto Nashville Police Academy starting on Novermber 1st. They offered me a Pre-Academy slot that starts October 1st. Which I coul accept as of yet....because I am from out of town and would like to try to find a place before accepting that position. Either was I hope to see all of ou guys rather soon. Stay up the hard work with the PT, take this from a guy who had already been through an academy before.

As for the Written Psych, its not stressful at all, but very, very, time comsuming and tedious. Just take your time and read the questions correctly the wording for some of them is kinda trickey. As for the follow up with the actualy Doctor, its very relaxing. Takes about an hour and all you do is just sit and talk about things.

The Oral Interview that I took was easy to say the least. I am from out of town so I just took my on the phone so it was easy. She just asked me the typical questions aout my past. Dont be to worried, just be honest and forward about everything.

Scooperson

Comment

Congrats scoop.
            I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Congrats! What part of MONTH are you from? I grew up in the KC area and went to school in Springfield.

Comment

Hey congrats Scoop! Hopefully we will be seeing you on November 1st! If I end up passing these tests, I'll be doing the pre-academy work program as well, so let me know how it goes if you decide to do it!
                An adventure to live,
                A battle to fight,
                And a beauty to love.

Comment

Congrats Scoop. I'm in the same boat as atp2005. I'm in the final testing and will be finished Oct.5th. Hope to see you at the academy..........

Comment

Just curious, has anyone who tested in July heard anything from a BI?

Comment

I tested in june not july. My BI was started about 2 weeks ago. My BI seems like a good guy.

Comment

I just finished my last psyc test this past Monday and Im waiting for the call. Hope to see you guys November 1st!!

Comment

Congrats man! Hopefully I'll be there with ya!
                          An adventure to live,
                          A battle to fight,
                          And a beauty to love.

Comment

So I'm completely done with testing now, and from what I've gathered, should be hearing something by at the latest, Oct 16th. The only thing I left uncomfortable about was the psych evaluation with the shrink. I answered honestly and truthfully, but the guy just seemed pretty negative with comments like "If you don't get the job, the person to call is the psychologist at MNPD, not me." Anyone else get a statement like that or was I just getting let down softly?
                            An adventure to live,
                            A battle to fight,
                            And a beauty to love.

Comment

I got the same info from the shrink. He told me if i didnt get the job call Dr. Green and she would have my test resultsand could answer any questions.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5193 users online. 282 members and 4911 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X