300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tennessee military police ?

i had someone apply with me today whose current job is with the "Tennessee Military State Police Department" -------- I have no clue what this is...... Are they actually post certified police or is it some type of national guard thing? Any info would be appreciated

If it's what I am thinking of, they are the folks that patrol the perimeters of the Air National Guard base. They are not commissioned police officers and I have never understood why they are titled "TN Military Police." They are not enlisted MPs either. I think they are employed by the state and they carry everything most LEOs do, including firearm, but they do not have any authority that I am aware of.
    I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

lol in that case i'm going to start calling myself MADISON NEIGHBORHOOD POLICE because I live in a sucky neighborhood and carry lots of weapons but can't do anything unless someone comes in my yard.... anybody want a job?
      Last edited by stand_by_one; 06-09-2009, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Stand,

Where do I sign up, I can be your bike patrol....LOL

Comment

Originally posted by DARE_SUPPORTER View Post
          Stand,

Where do I sign up, I can be your bike patrol....LOL
          lol maybe the guys from crime suppression will let us borrow a dodge charger!!!!

Comment

Had a guy that worked with me... didn't know his head from a hole in the ground and was one of the worst people i ever worked with. He could not deal with people at ALL!!! We fired him and he got a job gaurding the gate at a base around nashville... He started out at LT.....

Comment

Originally posted by stand_by_one View Post
              lol maybe the guys from crime suppression will let us borrow a dodge charger!!!!
              Yep, hopefully they will let us, if not we can buy a retired police crown vic and put some amber lights on top of it.

Comment

Originally posted by stand_by_one View Post
                i had someone apply with me today whose current job is with the "Tennessee Military State Police Department" -------- I have no clue what this is...... Are they actually post certified police or is it some type of national guard thing? Any info would be appreciated
                If it's like the local Air Guard base here in MO....they are Full-Time State employees of the Air National Guard....

The ones here have limited powers of arrerst/detention through the State. If something out there happens, they call the MO State Patrol.....and they dealwith it....

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6731 users online. 350 members and 6381 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                X