Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franklin PD Rejection Letter

----------------------
    Last edited by stand_by_one; 04-06-2009, 05:57 PM.

Maybe it means you and a law enforcement career were not made for each other and you should look into something else. I'm not trying to be a smart***, but the majority of your posts are how you were rejected by this or that department, or how you quit or were fired from other departments due to politics, political correctness, etc. Then there's the "I'm not gonna drive 45 minutes if they are only gonna hire 2 people...". Perhaps you have some skeletons in your closet, or this defeatist attitude you display here a lot comes across in your interviews. Either way, maybe you should stop and take a career assessment check.

Comment

GO CUBS. This is our year.

Comment

Originally posted by stand_by_one View Post
        I got a letter today that says THIS IS TO NOTIFY YOU THAT POLICE CHIEF JACKIE MOORE HAS DISQUALIFIED YOU AS AN APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION OF POLICE OFFICER WITH THE CITY OF FRANKLIN.

I called HR to ask them what exactly it means by "disqualified". They didn't really have an answer as to what the term means. I'm trying to figure out if disqualified means they chose people more qualified than me and I'm not on the list of who they want to hire ORRRRRRRRR does disqualified mean they found something to believe I'm some horrible degenerate person that shouldn't be allowed to go any further in the hiring process.....

Anyone have any clue about Franklin's definition of "disqualified" ?
        So you got DQ'ed. It happens, however I do recall a post where you mentioned that you were fired from a LE Agency and DQ'ed from another? So that could be a reason....other then that, that's life. As far as I know, Franklin is a very difficult agency to get on with and sometimes it does come down to who is more qualified then the other. Especially if it's a lateral or one that is certified. Just keep plugging at it if you truely want a job in LE.
        "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

----------------------
          Last edited by stand_by_one; 04-06-2009, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NextCareer View Post
            Go, Cubs, go!

Comment

I didn't mention it to start an argument, just saying a little more positivity never hurts. Stop posting about your rejections and focus on the departments that you may have a shot in. Yes politics exist, but I don't let them phase me because that's everywhere. Perhaps those who went to the road also had more seniority and experience than you (you said you where there over a year). Anyways, I don't want to sound preachy, so I'll stop.

Go, Cubs, go!
              Yes we are entitled to at least one world championship per century, so let's hope. I would like to get out of this crappy slump though.

Comment

Is receiving a disqualification letter that damn difficult to understand? It means you were cut, DQ'ed for some reason that the chief decided to go with. It also means that you are DEFINATELY not on a hiring list. That one's for sure. No biggie. Move on.
                Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

I worked for Franklin before moving back to East Tennessee. I remember Chief Moore saying in the initial test that he tells the background investigators to "look for a reason to disqualify candidates" meaning he only wants the best. They will not look over anything in a background just to fill positions. If you had something negative in your background there's a good chance that is why you didn't get hired.

Comment

Originally posted by jbardinelli View Post
                    I worked for Franklin before moving back to East Tennessee. I remember Chief Moore saying in the initial test that he tells the background investigators to "look for a reason to disqualify candidates" meaning he only wants the best. They will not look over anything in a background just to fill positions. If you had something negative in your background there's a good chance that is why you didn't get hired.

When did you move back to East TN? I could have sworn I remembered you applying with agencies here in Middle TN not too long ago. What are you doing now?

Comment

Originally posted by Negotiator101 View Post
                      When did you move back to East TN? I could have sworn I remembered you applying with agencies here in Middle TN not too long ago. What are you doing now?
                      You're right. I was applying not too long ago! I started in Franklin last Septmber and worked there until April. The wife and I just had a hard time adjusting to middle TN. The traffic is a lot worse there and we just couldn't afford to live close enough to be convenient. Her job was in Brentwood and we couldn't afford to live in Franklin. It worked out well in the end because she got to keep her job and they agreed to let us move back to east Tennessee and let her work out of the house and I just went back to Kingsport PD. I'm actually getting out of law enforcement in a few months though. I'm taking the pre-reqs for nursing school right now.

Comment

Not to hijack the thread but is Fleenor still at Kingsport?
                        Where'd you learn that, Cheech? Drug school?

Comment

Originally posted by JDCOP View Post
                          Not to hijack the thread but is Fleenor still at Kingsport?
                          Yep, he sure is. He's on my shift.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5795 users online. 321 members and 5474 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X