300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hendersonville P.D. Tests again 09/19/08

For anyone who is interested, HPD tests again 09/19/08. Applications are due by 09/18/08.

If you are interested in working as an officer in a car, on a motorcycle, bicycle, horse, boat or jet-ski on either the police department or park rangers these are just a few of the divisions available to you as a new officer. Many more are available with a couple years on the job. Check the link below for more information or PM me.

http://www.hvilletn.org/policerecrui...formation.aspx

I just called HR, I'm going to be there on the 19th.

Comment

Well, anyone else going to test on the 19th?

Comment

Originally posted by futuredeputy420
        I would like to be... according to the website i could...but after speaking with HR i can't...

Website says you have to be able to meet POST quals....

HR says i have to qualify to have a permit to carry a weapon...

Anyone know which one it is???
        Must be able to meet POST qualifications means that you must be able to get certified as a police officer according to the POST commission (i.e. pass the academy). If you cannot obtain a permit to carry a weapon, I highly doubt you are able to become a police officer, unless an age issue is involved. Permit carriers have to be 21, but I believe TN code says that police officers can be 18 yrs old, although I have yet to see an agency hire someone under 21.
        I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

I would like to be... according to the website i could...but after speaking with HR i can't...

Website says you have to be able to meet POST quals....

HR says i have to qualify to have a permit to carry a weapon...

Anyone know which one it is???

Like SgtScott said, what is it that keeps you from getting a carry permit? The qualifications to be a police officer are more strict than those to get a carry permit. If its your age, we will hire people at 20 as long as you will turn 21 within six months from when you start, our training program is a minimum of six months before you're released.

Comment

Just my age.... trying to rush things again..... i keep forgetting i need to take a step back and wait my turn.....Im 19 right now but because i've grown up with everyone being 7-10 years older than me i tend to act older than i am....
            Yeah, 19 won't work. About six months from turning 21 start applying.

Comment

Haven't been able to track down any info on HPD's starting pay - anyone have info on that?

Comment

Originally posted by gr8gatsby View Post
                Haven't been able to track down any info on HPD's starting pay - anyone have info on that?
                It can be found at the link I posted under "police eligibility list information letter". It is 32,424 uncertified and 34,068 once certified. Then you get step and cost of living raises every year as well as hazard pay or supplemental pay for many of the special units / assignments.
                Last edited by Negotiator101; 09-16-2008, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Thanks, I actually found that info just after asking the question, and you're right on the annual salary, but the web site actually breaks it down (incorrectly) to $14.67 for uncertified and $15.41 for certified. A little misleading ... So I missed this round but can you keep us posted on if/when the next testing will be? I will check the web site too.

Comment

Well, I did the test. It wasn't that hard, but you have to be determined. Now I have to fill out the 26-page history report. it's like "War & Peace" for my life. They might test again soon, you never know.
                    I drove from Michigan, and there were a few guys from other states like New York and Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by Ejohnson View Post
                      Well, I did the test. It wasn't that hard, but you have to be determined. Now I have to fill out the 26-page history report. it's like "War & Peace" for my life. They might test again soon, you never know.
                      I drove from Michigan, and there were a few guys from other states like New York and Florida.
                      Yeah, for some reason our agency attracts a lot of guys from out of state. Half the guys in my unit are from New York.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3327 users online. 167 members and 3160 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X