300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memphis PD

I received a conditional offer of employment back in late May with a start date of July 21. Took the medical physical and psychological evaluation in late June early July. Was told by my BI that everything went good and I should expect a call. I do know that my results didn't come back in time for me to get into the July academy. Got a letter in the mail last month that I am still in the process for the next academy and that I needed to notify them of any changes in contact information and stuff like that. My question is for anyone out there that knows anything about the hiring at MPD, Because I got a conditional offer and passed everything am I guaranteed a firm offer of employment? And if so, when do you expect I will be notified? Thanks for any and all information!

Reason for Editing.
    Last edited by lazycop; 02-23-2010, 02:13 PM.
    Work smarter not harder!

Comment

And if I was due to report for the October class would I have been notified already?

Comment

Reason for Editing.
        Last edited by lazycop; 02-23-2010, 02:13 PM.
        Work smarter not harder!

Comment

I agree with you calling them. I know too many people that were not notified until the morning of the first day or the friday before.

Call with professionalism and simply wait. Good luck!!

Comment

2Lucky..... I sure hope that is not going to be the situation.... I live in Iowa! It would be impossible for me to give 2 weeks at my current job, move, and be ready in a weekend!

lazycop.... I was down in late june early july to do my psych and physical... Spoke with backgrounds a couple months ago and they said I passed everything

Comment

I'm an out state applicant and I came down in early August to do medical and psych exams and now just waiting for a call from the psych doctor to complete the phone interview. Anybody know how long it takes after the psych exams to hear from the doc, it's almost going on a month........

Comment

Reason for Editing.
                Last edited by lazycop; 02-23-2010, 02:14 PM.
                Work smarter not harder!

Comment

I tested July 19, 2008. The proctor said we were testing for Jan/Feb 2009 academy. This has to be true given how long Memphis takes to process applicants. Does anybody know how difficult the hiring process is? How important is credit, general background..etc. Each police department has a different hot and cold issue(s) that's important to them when selecting applicants. I know Washington DC is Education/Credit
                  Memphis Police

Comment

Just got the call today! October 13th start date, processing September 30th. Does anyone know what kind of clothes you should wear to the processing day? I would assume suit and tie?

Comment

congrats! and Best of luck
                      Memphis Police

Comment

I got my call Monday! What kind of physical requirements will there be in the academy?
                        "Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care." - Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

It's official I got my letter today. I was not selected due to my Psyce results. Best of luck to all!
                          Memphis Police

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyAndrew21
                            I am interested in MPD. I know MPD doesn't have any type of expedited testing for people out of state, but how many times does will I have to fly to Memphis to complete the application process and how is it broke up? Also im alittle confused about the application. Is the application that is on the Memphis Police website the application and the personal history packet?
                            Yeah the application and the history packet need to be submitted before they let you test. Then you will go down and do the 2 written tests and the ppt on the same day. If you pass those they will contact you with a conditional offer of employment and schedule your psychological exam (MMPI) and your medical physical (standard physical and cardiac stress test). Between all the testing and the physical/psych you will probably be contacted by a background investigator from the training academy. After that you will wait a while. After that comes the final offer. I know that with the current academy they have us going down there for "processing" about 2 weeks prior to the academy. I am also from out of town by about 8.5 hours and I didn't consider it totally unreasonable. Also I found it to be a great experience because if you are trying to get a job somewhere that you will be at for possibly 30+ years, you enjoy being able to experience what the place is like before you commit yourself to that.

Comment

correction. I posted my Psyc results for DC...not Memphis. OUch hahahaha
                              Memphis Police

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6343 users online. 342 members and 6001 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X