300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is tougher

Which Academy is tougher TLETA or Metro? I know Metro you go home everyday and TLETA your there 10 wks, been there done that already and it sucked being away from the family. Any insight would sure be appreciated.

Don't know if anybody here has been through both.

I went through TLETA in 2001 with Tony Thomas. I was in Mr. Thomas's first class with him being the head counselor, not fun when you made him mad and then he took it out on you the next morning in PT. Don't know about the new guy Kubick, he was there hanging around somethimes, but he wasn't in charge.
    You can teach a monkey to write tickets, but this was a REAL Police Officer: http://www.ncea314.com/bishop.aspx

My President is Jack Bauer, not Barry Soetero

Comment

Kubic can be just the same as thomas, thomas was also my head counsler and head pt instructor, but when Kubic led pt it felt like is was a step above thomas. I heard Thomas went to Blackwater.

Comment

Yes, he did
        You can teach a monkey to write tickets, but this was a REAL Police Officer: http://www.ncea314.com/bishop.aspx

Comment

yea I had Wills but Thomas Pt was nothing compared to kubics..thats my opinion..kubic would try to kill you

Comment

I went to Donelson many years ago, but i'm not sur which one is tougher. I hear TLETA is more hands on, and Metro has alot more classroom. One thing is for sure, they both have to be alot easier than the FHP 26 week live in acadamy.
            Work harder! Millions on welfare depend on you...

Comment

I had Wills too and Thomas as Co Counsler. Kubic is awesome. I beleive he and Tony worked together at Wilson County. I loved TELETA and had a great time! Class 1225!!!!!!!!

Comment

yeah they worked together at wilson county, But I wonder if anyone has figured out the big hidden game down there. I think all instructors set each other up so whoever is the main counsler, the co counsler and other instructors get the class president and other little piggies to get a pistol as a going away, hey thanks for the freakin 10 weeks of hell!!

Comment

Originally posted by lewisJPD View Post
                  yeah they worked together at wilson county, But I wonder if anyone has figured out the big hidden game down there. I think all instructors set each other up so whoever is the main counsler, the co counsler and other instructors get the class president and other little piggies to get a pistol as a going away, hey thanks for the freakin 10 weeks of hell!!
                  True that!!!!! But I had a friend go through Kubics class after mine and that class didnt give him crap! Oh well, I was just happt to get a POST Certificate. It tok me a long time to get to the Academy and I was happy to be there.

Comment

I had Kubic this summer, and only heard about Thomas. Don't focus on the PT though, if you are looking for a cakewalk, go into the Navy (that statement might come back to haunt me). Look at it like I did, if I went home every night, I would mow the grass, play with the kids, spend time with the wife, watch scrubs and family guy, then go to bed. At Donelson you have no choice but to study and to stay in shape. I hate running. Hate it, and I don't use that word often. I ran (after school) 2-3 times a week, had nothing else to do. We all studied on Wednesdays and Thursdays, who studies at home when there is a football game, or party to go to? Just quit thinking about the PT, if you are in shape you will be good. Don't **** Kubic off though, he likes the hill.
                    Last edited by drewdrew; 09-08-2008, 10:36 PM.
                    "Be safe, have fun, and lock somebody up"

Comment

I guess the best piece of advice or motivation is, if you want to get in shape,
                      go pee on captain america shield, and call Kubic-Pubic. This is the best dang way to get in shape. Motivation and Pain free of charge. Look at it like an all inclusive package. And oh yeah Michaels man tracking meat seaking class sucks, and I SAID IT!!

Comment

When I was in the Academy some of the guys did pee on the rock during our last nights..Do you guys remember that dam garbage truck at 0130 hrs? Oh and what about that delicious pizza got to love it..

Comment

I wouldn't recommend peeing on the Captain America shield, we gave that to him and I think I'd have a problem with that

Comment

I didnt want to go up that friggin hill on my own time!!!! Michaels man tracking did SUCK! And Big Sweaty in the Kitchen in the Morning made me want to PUKE!!! My favorite instructor was Mr. Owens. He is funny as h#ll!!!!

Comment

Where is that freakin bell (in order to ring my bell, you have to get through my hell) bull crap! And I did have some lunch and dinners without a POTATO product! I would have to say Erwin is the funniest especially when he does lets talk mexican. And my room was above the freakin garbage truck and if I remember it WHAM! WHAM! pause, pause WHAM that idot did that crap on purpose.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5889 users online. 333 members and 5556 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X