300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metro Nashville Park Police

Hi. I have seen some posts about this department in the past. Has anybody been through the process recently or is currently in the process? Are the any Officers from this department on the forum. Just want to get a personal account of the whole hiring and training process as well as the day to day. I've gotten some info online and through other second hand sources, but nothing first hand.

Thanks

They are not hiring at the moment to my knowledge, as they have just closed a job bid and are in the process of interviewing those applicants (they are trying to get their hires ready to go to the October academy class). The hiring process is pretty much the same as MNPD and they attend MNPD academy. They work 4 10s and 3 off, 2 shifts per day. I went for an interview but decided not to pursue the job at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubfan View Post
      They are not hiring at the moment to my knowledge, as they have just closed a job bid and are in the process of interviewing those applicants (they are trying to get their hires ready to go to the October academy class). The hiring process is pretty much the same as MNPD and they attend MNPD academy. They work 4 10s and 3 off, 2 shifts per day. I went for an interview but decided not to pursue the job at this time.
      Thanks for the info Cubfan. Although it's a lower profile department it seems like a good one to work for.

Comment

FWIW, just found out I will be starting the Oct Academy for the Park Police. The hiring was the same as metro, except a lot quicker and more personal. I guess that goes with the lower profile, smaller department even though it's all done through metro HR. While not as "sexy" as metro, I get the same benefits, roughly the same pay, no 3rd shift, set days off (no rotation), and no domestic disturbance calls!

Comment

Originally posted by nsnate02 View Post
          FWIW, just found out I will be starting the Oct Academy for the Park Police. The hiring was the same as metro, except a lot quicker and more personal. I guess that goes with the lower profile, smaller department even though it's all done through metro HR. While not as "sexy" as metro, I get the same benefits, roughly the same pay, no 3rd shift, set days off (no rotation), and no domestic disturbance calls!
          That's great to hear nsnate. Congratulations. Get to running!

Comment

Originally posted by nsnate02 View Post
            THat sounds pretty good!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5834 users online. 306 members and 5528 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X