Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any agencies near Charleston or Summerville, SC?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any agencies near Charleston or Summerville, SC?

My brother lives in Charleston/Summerville, SC and I was looking to move out there. Are there any good agencies out there that accept laterals (and degrees are not req'd)?
    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
    that we are all that stands between
    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

I believe North Charleston does not require a degree but Charleston City, Charleston County, and Mount Pleasant require an Associates degree as far as the larger agencies go. Charleston City used to require a 4 year degree but this was recently changed according to the website.

Comment

Not sure about the degrees, however in SC we have one academy for all law enforcement,(minus the SCHP academy). You might be eligible for whats called "special basic". (An abbreviated academy.) Im not sure if they still offer this to out of state applicants. This would be the only thing close to a lateral that I can think of. I went through it 8 years ago, things are subject to change.
      Hope this helps, good luck.

Comment

I know Goose Creek is hiring. I am not sure their policies on accepting laterals but here is some information.

JOB TITLE: Police Officer
        DEPARTMENT: Police (Application packet required.)
        POSTING DATE: January 2, 2008
        DESCRIPTION: Patrols the City providing police services in order to maintain public order and safety. Investigates crimes against persons and property and traffic accidents.
        REQUIREMENTS: Candidates should possess law enforcement certification and have related work experience. Applicants with a high school diploma or equivalent and two years of law enforcement related experience or successful completion of probation as a Police Officer Trainee will also be considered. Must obtain required certification and training from the Criminal Justice Academy. Valid SC Driver’s License required.
        SALARY: Minimum: $29,717 Midpoint: $37,467 Maximum: $45,218
        Starting pay for a certified police officer is $32,002.
        GRADE: 14

Comment

In SC what are you health ins (co pays), take home car, and pensions (%'s) like? I was thinking about moving from nj to SC. Also is the academy just 9 weeks? And any other info you can give. thanks

Comment

Charleston County SO is hiring. No Associates Degree required.

Comment

Charleston County SO is NOT hiring. They had an advertisement in the newspaper saying they were. This past Wednesday I went to a College Career Fair and talked to a Human Resources lady from Charleston County. She informed me that the advertisement was a mistake and was not suppose to have been printed in the newspaper. They do continously take applications though but there currently are not any openings. Sorry about the confusion.

Comment

In today's Post and Courier, the North Charleston Police Department had an advertisement saying they were currently hiring. No degree required as far as I know. Not sure about laterals, I don't see why they wouldn't take laterals though.

Comment

Thanks for the info!
                  The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                  that we are all that stands between
                  the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

City of North Charleston
                    "The Hub of the Lowcountry

Put your Experience to work in our community
                    The North Charleston Police Department, one of the state s most progressive law enforcement agencies, is NOW HIRING qualified applicants for the position of POLICE OFFICER.

Starting Pay: $33,000 plus, depending on experience and education.

Benefits:

Fully paid health insurance for individual & family

Dental insurance plan

State retirement & 401-K

Take home vehicle (after probationary period)

Opportunity for advancement

Qualifications

Must be 21 years old (U.S. Citizen)

High school diploma or equivalent

Good driving record

Good employment and credit history

No criminal record

Good physical and mental condition

Complete in-house recruit class & SC Police Academy

Minority, female, and bi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
                    For more information, visit our website www.northcharleston.org
                    or e-mail: [email protected]

The City of North Charleston is an equal opportunity employer.

Comment

Is anyone on here from North Charleston PD? If so, please PM me. I have a few questions. Thanks.

Comment

Does the city of Charleston offer benefits as good as north charleston? Can any of you tell me what the pay is for the city of charleston after 5 years? I have not been able to find any kind of pay step plan on their website. I've checked the low country cops website as well. i can't find out any good info on this department other thn news paper crap.

Comment

Try the following link related to pay and benefits for the City of Charleston Police Dept.
                          http://www.charlestoncity.info/dept/...t.aspx?nid=817

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5064 users online. 383 members and 4681 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X