300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schp

Looking to relocate from Florida. I’m currently a law enforcement officer here going on my sixth year. Any info on lateral academy for SCHP?

I'd hit up one of the recruiters. https://scdps.sc.gov/careers/sctrooper They would be the best people to ask. I know they give you a pay bump if you have prior experience. It's been a while since I had dealings with the recruitment process. I wasn't certified so I didn't see that side.
    "There are three and only three ways to reform our Congressional legislation, familiarly called, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box". Stephen Decatur Miller

"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation." -Mein Kampf, Adolf Hitler
    Sound familiar.........

Comment

How is the dept? How’s the chase policy?

Comment

If that was towards me, I don't know. I ended up not going further with them. Family priorities got changed and I stepped out of the process.
        "There are three and only three ways to reform our Congressional legislation, familiarly called, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box". Stephen Decatur Miller

"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation." -Mein Kampf, Adolf Hitler
        Sound familiar.........

Comment

SCHP chases for everything.

I think SCHP is going through major changes and are extremely short. My understanding is that they dissolved all of their special teams to put Troopers back on patrol.

SC and GA are going to be worse for LE than FL. If you make the move, do it for reasons other than work.

Comment

Anyone currently processing with SCHP?

Comment

When I lateraled to SC it was a 6 week Special basic academy (cake walk). Once that’s done, SCHP runs its own academy there for another 6 weeks that everyone must attend. SC uses a central academy and EVERYONE in the state goes to the same one. Last I heard the lateral or “special basic” as they call it was cut down to a week.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4523 users online. 305 members and 4218 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X