300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horry County Police

Anyone know anything about Horry County Police?? (Pay, Pension, Benefits, Shifts, How to apply, etc.) Thanks

I have lots of friends working there at the moment. They seem to dig it. Apparently the level of job satisfaction depends on where you're working in the county and who for. Lots of areas with morale problems but most of the guys i know are having a blast. You can get all the employment info off of their website.
    State Trooper, South Carolina Highway Patrol and proud of it buddy.

Comment

Does anyone have any information about doing a lateral transfer from FL to SC. As far as Horry County, what are some good locations for purchasing a home (low crime, good neighborhoods, good schools etc). Doesn't Horry County get take home cars??

Comment

Originally posted by Robbocop View Post
        Does anyone have any information about doing a lateral transfer from FL to SC. As far as Horry County, what are some good locations for purchasing a home (low crime, good neighborhoods, good schools etc). Doesn't Horry County get take home cars??
        Yes, they do get take home cars. Carolina Forest, like you mentioned in the other thread is a good area. Housing is high here and traffic is bad there but the four-lane road did get approved with locals passing a tax increase. Once thats done, that should help the area alot. They also built a back way in. Lower crime, nice neighborhoods.

Comment

Does Horry County PD have a polygraph? It didn't mention anything about a poly on their website, but I was just filling out my background investigation packet and there is a section about the poly.

Comment

Yes they do have a poly as part of their background process.

Comment

JetTroop hit the nail on the head, Carolina Forest from what I hear is the best way to go. I lived in both Myrtle Beach city limits and in between Myrtle an North Myrtle in the county, an both were very expensive compared to back home. But there are affordable places to live, you just have to find them. Also be prepared, pay here in SC is not what it should be. But you can survive. Best advice would be to do your research first before doing anything else.

Comment

I'm still waiting for the day when Carolina Forest is going to incorporate. It's coming, I can feel it...
                SCFC Dispatch Manager

Comment

Originally posted by Krell View Post
                  I'm still waiting for the day when Carolina Forest is going to incorporate. It's coming, I can feel it...
                  The news lately sure is starting to sound like it's coming and it won't be very long.
                  Air Force Retiree

HCPD Police Officer

Originally posted by 3102
                  There is more than one right answer in most things that we do.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2533 users online. 164 members and 2369 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X