300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of state officers getting certified in SC

IS there a way to become certified in SC while still maintaining my current job in NY ? Is there reciprocal ceritfication available for out of state officers ?

I am interested in moving to SC when I retire and am interested to see if it is possible to become certified prior to moving.

If you are currently on the job you have to do the 3 week academy in Columbia. Some departments do the training in-house while others send you to Columbia.
    When you get hired you need to obtain a DL in SC, so I'm going to guess and say you cant live in NY while getting certified in SC.

Comment

This may seem like a dumb question.. are there any departments in South Carolina that recognize military police training? I know some Departments in Florida do, is that true for SC, as well?
      -SrA J Hughes
      United States Air Force
      Security Forces Patrolman
      -Defensor Fortis-

-AMU Student: BA Criminal Justice

Comment

Yes, I am currently a F/T certified Police Officer in NY, and have been for 13 years. I was hoping that it would somehow be possible to obtain a reciprocal ceritfication while still working here so that if I got sick of all the snow up here, I might be able to move to SC already certified

Comment

Originally posted by AirmanE3 View Post
          This may seem like a dumb question.. are there any departments in South Carolina that recognize military police training? I know some Departments in Florida do, is that true for SC, as well?
          It's not up to indivdual departments. The standards unit at the State Academy determines that. The answer is no, military training does not count. If you attended an academy in another state, yes...that is typically accepted if you have experience as well.

Comment

Thanks, thought I'd ask!
            -SrA J Hughes
            United States Air Force
            Security Forces Patrolman
            -Defensor Fortis-

-AMU Student: BA Criminal Justice

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6271 users online. 346 members and 5925 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X