300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you work this vehicle accident

I would like to know how you would work this vehicle accident because i personally would not work it this way when i was on the road.

Vehicle 1 Tractor trailer collided into vehicles 2 SUV, vehicle 2 slid into vehicle 3 truck, vehicle 4 hauling a camper collided into the tractor trailer rear end at the same time of the above collisions.

I was in vehicle 4 and the officer wrote me as contributing to the accident and gave me a too fast for condition citation. The officer wrote this accident report on 1 report.

I personally think i was not at fault due to the accident happened all at once. If the vehicle 1 was paying attention and stop on time for traffic i would have enough time to stop. If i was at fault I should have received a following to close citations and my report should have been separate from the other accident report.

What YOU think is irrelevant. Go to court. Present FACTS, not thoughts.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

In my state, following to close is driving at an unsafe speed for conditions.

The essence is, taking into considering the distance between one vehicle following another, the back vehicle must drive at whatever (safe) speed will allow it to stop without colliding with the vehicle in front when it stops. Fail to do that and you are driving at an unsafe speed for conditions.

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by lovetohunt View Post
        I would like to know how you would work this vehicle accident because i personally would not work it this way when i was on the road.

Vehicle 1 Tractor trailer collided into vehicles 2 SUV, vehicle 2 slid into vehicle 3 truck, vehicle 4 hauling a camper collided into the tractor trailer rear end at the same time of the above collisions.

I was in vehicle 4 and the officer wrote me as contributing to the accident and gave me a too fast for condition citation. The officer wrote this accident report on 1 report.

I personally think i was not at fault due to the accident happened all at once. If the vehicle 1 was paying attention and stop on time for traffic i would have enough time to stop. If i was at fault I should have received a following to close citations and my report should have been separate from the other accident report.
        There really isn't enough information. Describe exactly what happened and leave nothing out. Tell us everything you can about the accident.

The scenario, as presented, sounds like vehicle 4 was following too close because it collided with the rear of vehicle 1.

Comment

I am not leaving nothing out. We were traveling on I 20 in the construction zone area when the tractor trailer collided into a SUV, the SUV collided into a truck. When the tractor trailer slammed on the brakes i slammed on my brakes and collided into the trailer.

Comment

Whenever i worked vehicle accidents like this one. I never wrote a citation to vehicle #4 ( me) because vehicle #1 caused the accident and could have prevented the accident if he was paying attention and starting on time.

Comment

Originally posted by lovetohunt View Post
              I am not leaving nothing out. We were traveling on I 20 in the construction zone area when the tractor trailer collided into a SUV, the SUV collided into a truck. When the tractor trailer slammed on the brakes i slammed on my brakes and collided into the trailer.
              Following too close. You are at fault. Speed unsafe for conditions.
              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

It doesn't matter why the motorists in front of you are braking abruptly, or whether they are paying attention or not. If you run into the back of someone, you are at fault for failing to stop in time to avoid the collision. The report was done as one because there was a sequence of events stemming from at least one action. Same as I would have done.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8202 users online. 443 members and 7759 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X