300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Hill PD

I recently applied with the Rock Hill PD. I applied on a Monday (4/9). Went on a ride along that Friday (4/13). The next Tuesday (4/17) I got a letter to verify a test date. I am now scheduled to take the test Tuesday May 1st. I have the PAT in the AM, followed by the POST. Depending on how those go, I may or may not be asked to come back that afternoon for the Oral Board.

Anyone have any tips or pointers for any portion of this?

I've seen the layout of the PAT course. I am not too worried about that. I workout 3-5 days per week now.

I have also been studying for the POST test, as much as I can.

I have no idea how many applicants will be there Tuesday. I am hoping for less than 15. Better odds.

I have no law enforcement experience, but I have been in the Army and have since been in the customer service (mortgage) field for 9 years. I am willing to give up my $80K/yr salary to be in LE. It's something I've always wanted to do.
    Last edited by JHawk; 04-28-2007, 10:52 AM. Reason: Additional Information Added.
    PAT: Passed
    National POST: Passed
    Oral Board: Passed
    Background: Underway
    Polygraph: Not started
    Psych Exam: Not started
    Medical: Not started
    Job Offer: Not Yet
    Academy Class: Not Determined

While I'm glad you're getting your shot at your dream, make sure it's what you REALLY want to do before you give up a seemingly lucrative career. 90% of what officers do is pretty mundane. For me it's the 10% that keeps me going. I'm just now getting back in myself after being out and working as a security contractor for almost 3 years. (just got my conditional from SCHP) That 10% is what is bringing me back and no amount of money can keep me from it. If that is what you're looking for, then good for you, there's always room for more good guys. As far as the testing goes, you'll be fine. Just read the directions to all parts of the test thoroughly and you should breeze through. Good luck!
    State Trooper, South Carolina Highway Patrol and proud of it buddy.

Comment

Just checking in to see how your testing went.
      Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3358 users online. 190 members and 3168 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X