300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC Transport Police

Anyone have any good tips/advice on the SC Transport Police? My assignment to VA fell thru, so I am hoping to PCS to Charleston.
    -SrA J Hughes
    United States Air Force
    Security Forces Patrolman
    -Defensor Fortis-

-AMU Student: BA Criminal Justice

What info exactly are you looking for and what is the time frame you're working with?
    State Trooper, South Carolina Highway Patrol and proud of it buddy.

Comment

http://www.scnow.com/midatlantic/scp...4-24-0006.html An article about them...sort of.

I've always thought their primary responsibility was trucking but I do think they do other things on the side...traffic enforcement etc.

http://www.scstp.org/index.asp

Their uniforms (field ones) are pretty nice and their cars at least the new ones, are a lighter grey more like SCHP. I have seen quite a few of their patrol cars with laptops but I really know very little about them.

Comment

I was just curious about the morale, and such, since I hadn't heard much about this Dept. I was wondering if it was akin to the Maryland Transportation Authority Police.
        -SrA J Hughes
        United States Air Force
        Security Forces Patrolman
        -Defensor Fortis-

-AMU Student: BA Criminal Justice

Comment

It sounds more akin to MSP's commercial vehicle enforcement division than to the Transportation Authority Police.
          John from Maryland

Comment

John would be correct. It involves commercial vehicles, weight checks, traffic, load inspections, etc. etc..... As far as morale goes, I can't remember ever hearing one of those guys saying the job sucked or looking to get out so it must be pretty good.
            State Trooper, South Carolina Highway Patrol and proud of it buddy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5718 users online. 308 members and 5410 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X