Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there anyone here form the Charleston SC police department I have a few questions.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there anyone here form the Charleston SC police department I have a few questions.

I will be starting the process in a few weeks (written and psychical exam) in a few weeks and I have a couple of questions about the department.

1. How is morale within the department?
    2. Do they supply you with a take-home car, if so how long after appointment?
    3. Is academy heavy into pt or is it mostly academic?
    4. What can I do to start preparing for the academy?
    5. Are you allowed to use personal handguns as a duty weapon or must you use the issued handgun?
    6. Is certified pay scale applied once you have completed the academy or is that just for laterals?
    7. Is there room to negotiate the contract as a new hire within the given pay scale?
    8. Is there a uniform allowance?
    9. What shift schedule do you guys run

Thank you in advance for taking the time to reply to my questions

Originally posted by wannabeleo123 View Post
    I will be starting the process in a few weeks (written and psychical exam) in a few weeks and I have a couple of questions about the department.

1. How is morale within the department?
    2. Do they supply you with a take-home car, if so how long after appointment?
    3. Is academy heavy into pt or is it mostly academic? Not heavy in PT, but please don't be "that guy" and show up as a slop-tart...there are already plenty of them that show up to the academy like that. Academics are not hard, just study. If you can pass middle school, then you shouldn't have a difficult time.
    4. What can I do to start preparing for the academy? Cardio.
    5. Are you allowed to use personal handguns as a duty weapon or must you use the issued handgun?
    6. Is certified pay scale applied once you have completed the academy or is that just for laterals?
    7. Is there room to negotiate the contract as a new hire within the given pay scale?
    8. Is there a uniform allowance?
    9. What shift schedule do you guys run

Thank you in advance for taking the time to reply to my questions
    Movingondown will hopefully respond to the department specific questions for you.
    ICE IEA
    May 2009 - Register for IEA exam
    June (6/05/09) - Take IEA exam
    July (7/20/09) - NOR
    August (8/17/09) - TO
    September (9/30/09) - Medical/Fitness Test
    October (10/01/09) - Drug Test
    March '10 - Cleared Medical
    Feb 3, '11 - Interview - Passed

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9457 users online. 366 members and 9091 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X