Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• License Plate Sticker Renewal Question

Goof afternoon,

Got a quick (although dumb) question about the license place stickers. If your sticker says September, are plates expired as of 9/1 or 10/1?

Thanks!

Usually...end of the month. Some states give you wiggle room for the following month.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• pro_police
      pro_police commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks CCCSD, that's the way it was in Missouri as well.

• J2H
      J2H commented
      Editing a comment
      I give about a week on expired decals, YMMV

• BrianT
      BrianT commented
      Editing a comment
      J2H, may want to check the statute on that one. You can't write that ticket until it's one month overdue. The legislature gave folks a one month courtesy.

I am going to suggest otherwise.

I believe you are in South Carolina. Take a look at your registration certificate. On it you should see a specific date on which your registration expires.

South Carolina vehicle registration renewal takes place every other year, although drivers are responsible for paying property tax on their vehicles annually. The SC DMV mails car registration renewal notices well in advance of the expiration date. Drivers may renew car registration before the printed expiration date, provided that their property tax account is current. There is no grace period for renewing car registration; drivers who renew expired car registration documents must pay late fees. Expired car registration late fees begin accruing the day after expiration and increase until reaching a maximum late fee at 90 days past due.,
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Beg pardon. I was reading it as when it would result in a ticket, not when to renew.

L-1 is absolutely correct regarding this. There is a date and you must renew prior to that.

As for being cited for expired, it’s up to the agency. Unless I run it, I don’t know the exact date. I usually don’t bother up to 30 days from the month expired as DMV in CA is an epic fail at times...
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

In SC, the plates AND the registration both expire, so you need to keep an eye on both.
        USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
        "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
        DA Civilian Police Officer, APG MD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9509 users online. 351 members and 9158 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X