300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I apply near North Myrtle?

I may move to a temporary living situation in North Myrtle Beach. Any suggestions on any police departments I should try to apply to there? I'm a certified officer in WV right now. I use to have my EMT card too but let it go like everyone told me not to lol

Don't know about MB, lots of departments are hiring in the Charleston area right now. Depending on where, you're looking 1 - 2 hours away. Probably not helpful, just thought I'd put it out there in case you were interested in expanding geographic options a bit.

Comment

That would be too far of a drive. I have a free place to stay in north Myrtle and would make things much easier to stay there while I sell my house here and get things situated.
      Thanks though!

Comment

Horry County Police is hiring...well building an applicant pool it says, and NMB is hiring for jail/dispatch, which is Class II. Also last I heard Horry County was a critical needs county for SCHP.
        SCFC Dispatch Manager

Comment

I did put in an application online for horry county police. I don't see anything online for north Myrtle.
          I'll apply for SCHP. I looked but figured they wouldn't have anything in that area.
          I'm a little concerned about highway patrols academy though. Just the physical aspect of it. I injured my knee in WV academy and had surgery on it. I've been working on it but it's still a problem when it comes to too much gym time. (Better than before though. Knee cap just tends to lock up)

Comment

Originally posted by TeayotaSoupra View Post
            I did put in an application online for horry county police. I don't see anything online for north Myrtle.
            I'll apply for SCHP. I looked but figured they wouldn't have anything in that area.
            I'm a little concerned about highway patrols academy though. Just the physical aspect of it. I injured my knee in WV academy and had surgery on it. I've been working on it but it's still a problem when it comes to too much gym time. (Better than before though. Knee cap just tends to lock up)
            You won't find specific counties listed with SCHP. You get the option on your supplemental packet to indicate either if you're willing to accept posting anywhere in the state, which leaves you up in the air until the very end of the hiring process, or you can indicate up to 5 counties you would accept posting to. Bear in mind the 30-mile radius rule that says you must live in the county you work in or 30 miles from the Post HQ, which with your living in North Myrtle Beach limits you to Horry County since the next closest Post offices are Florence and Georgetown.

http://jobs.sc.gov, go to the search and apply area, and look for State Trooper.

As far as NMB: http://www.nmb.us/jobsView.aspx?id=270
            SCFC Dispatch Manager

Comment

North Myrtle Beach will test for Public Safety Officer in 2015

Department of Public Safety

Employment Page

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5032 users online. 273 members and 4759 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X