300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sled question

I understand SLED is based out of Columbia but has agents in all parts of the state. If one were to work in Berkeley County, for example, what duty location would they report to daily?

If you were in the general investigations unit, the office would be in Colleton county.

Comment

Do they give you a take home car?

Comment

Yes, all agents have a take home car

Comment

Correct, as JohnnyV stated, all agents are issued a take home vehicle. And if assigned as a regional field agent in Berkeley County you would be out of the low country office in Colleton county. However if you worked any other assigned job in Berkeley you would work from home. Alcohol, Narcotics, etc. I'd venture to say that most field agents don't visit the regional offices much except when needed.

Not every county has people assigned to them. Your position may require you to cover several counties and typically you can live in several counties.

Comment

Thanks all. One more....how do they notify you if you've been selected and how long does it take, from interview to offer?

Comment

It's been a while since I went through but normally you get a call and begin your background and medical.
              Last edited by JohnnyV; 08-03-2014, 09:49 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

That's understandable. I wonder how long it takes for them to make a decision on candidates and call their chosen ones after they get done interviewing. It would seem like they'd have a lot of people to interview due to so many applying.

Comment

In the past, they would interview 10 people per open position.

Comment

Hey I sent you a PM

Comment

I recently put in for a few of the SLED positions. Anyone else do the same?

Comment

Originally posted by Data44 View Post
                        I recently put in for a few of the SLED positions. Anyone else do the same?
                        Yep, can't win if you don't play!
                        ICE IEA
                        May 2009 - Register for IEA exam
                        June (6/05/09) - Take IEA exam
                        July (7/20/09) - NOR
                        August (8/17/09) - TO
                        September (9/30/09) - Medical/Fitness Test
                        October (10/01/09) - Drug Test
                        March '10 - Cleared Medical
                        Feb 3, '11 - Interview - Passed

Comment

Originally posted by Tr0uble86 View Post
                          Yep, can't win if you don't play!
                          Good luck to you, man! I've read through past "SLED" threads, but am a little unclear how long the hiring process can take. If anyone has information, please feel free to post or PM me. It looks like a great agency!

Comment

Took 6 months since job closed for me to get an interview, another 3 weeks for them to select me. They don't notify those who haven't been selected until the candidate has passed all pre-employment testing, which takes 2 months.

Comment

Originally posted by senrab2000us View Post
                              Took 6 months since job closed for me to get an interview, another 3 weeks for them to select me. They don't notify those who haven't been selected until the candidate has passed all pre-employment testing, which takes 2 months.
                              Thanks for the info about your timeline - really appreciate it!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4048 users online. 204 members and 3844 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X