300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to Myrtle Beach area

Hey everyone in the Myrtle Beach area, my wife and I (and our 4 kids) are considering a move to the Myrtle Beach area and was wondering how likely it would be for me to get on a department in that area. I am currently a Mass officer with 8 yrs experience, would I still be required to do another academy? Is it a long process to transfer from one state to another? How's the pay in South Carolina? I would love to get on a larger department like MBPD but if that wasn't available what are some other departments in that area? Also wondering what are the best "family oriented" areas of Myrtle Beach with lower crime and good schools to live in?

Thank you very much for all your help. Stay safe out there!
    Nate

When I moved to Sc I was required only to go through a 3 week lateral academy but that was several years ago. The pay in Sc is not good especially compared to Mass. Your looking at 35k a year with MBPD as a base salary not including a lot of forced overtime you'll work because of the motorcycle festival and other events. Other agencies there are Horry County, North Myrtle Pd, Georgetown County, and Conway are close to MB.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5891 users online. 392 members and 5499 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X