Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krell
    replied
    MagicMatt is correct, STP concentrates on motor carrier enforcement. They also run a fuel-dye program to help combat people selling illegal derivatives of fuels and also operate the weigh stations. There's one or two other programs like STARS but I'm not exactly sure on them so you'd have to ask someone like DieselBear.

STP also investigates collisions involving commercial motor vehicles if there are extenuating circumstances such as a fatality, multiple CMVs, train wreck, public interest, etc.

They are dispatched through the same dispatch centers as SCHP, we refer to them as "X-Ray Units" because their call numbers begin with "X".

Leave a comment:

• Magic Matt
    replied
    They seem a very squared away group from the one’s I’ve met, but I hardly every have contact with them, they tend to do their own thing. The do the commercial vehicle enforcement and the Highway Patrol does accidents and along with the protective services (capital police) make up the SC DPS.

Leave a comment:

• thenagain
    started a topic South Carolina Transport Police

South Carolina Transport Police

Anyone know anything about the South Carolina Transport Police? I have looked at their website but I was curious if anyone had any personal insight...

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3531 users online. 205 members and 3326 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X