300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Carolina Transport Police

Anyone know anything about the South Carolina Transport Police? I have looked at their website but I was curious if anyone had any personal insight...

They seem a very squared away group from the one’s I’ve met, but I hardly every have contact with them, they tend to do their own thing. The do the commercial vehicle enforcement and the Highway Patrol does accidents and along with the protective services (capital police) make up the SC DPS.
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Comment

MagicMatt is correct, STP concentrates on motor carrier enforcement. They also run a fuel-dye program to help combat people selling illegal derivatives of fuels and also operate the weigh stations. There's one or two other programs like STARS but I'm not exactly sure on them so you'd have to ask someone like DieselBear.

STP also investigates collisions involving commercial motor vehicles if there are extenuating circumstances such as a fatality, multiple CMVs, train wreck, public interest, etc.

They are dispatched through the same dispatch centers as SCHP, we refer to them as "X-Ray Units" because their call numbers begin with "X".
      SCFC Dispatch Manager

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4589 users online. 280 members and 4309 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X