300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relocating to south carolina

Looking to relocate to s.c from jersey any suggestion on what department i should apply to...former marine and a little l.e experience as an auxiliary officer.

Thank you

Depends what you want to do... traffic:SCHP, if not find an area in SC that interests you and contact a Sheriff's Office or local PD...
    Graduated May 28, 2010 SCHP Basic #88
    Assigned to Lexington County
    Basic 88 appreciates... Motivated Motivated, Dedicated Dedicated, Hardcore Hardcore, Drive on SIR!

Comment

Yeah, you're gonna have to get a little more specific in letting us know what area of the state you will be in.

Comment

As a fellow NJ transplant I highly recommend the Greenville area. So many people down here from back home it almost feels like you never left! We are the fastest growing metro area in the state and have the largest Sheriff's Office. PM me if you have any questions.

Comment

At this point in my life i am not picky on where i would want to live.. Just looking for a town to raise my family..my family and i have been vacationing in north myrtle beach for a couple of years and love it...but i would move wherever the job takes me....from the different department i have been looking at it seems like 30k is about the starting salary....i was told from a few people that would be equivalent to around 50k in new jersey...would that be right? I am not looking to make millions just enough for my family to live comfortable and as of now new jersey cannot provide me with that... Thank you everyone for your comment and look forward to your guidence

Comment

That is about right. Cost of living is much cheaper down here, so starting salary is alot less. I have lived in the Columbia area and in the upstate. I like both areas to be honest. SC is a good state. Myrtle Beach is insane during the summer. It just depends on if you like that kinda thing. It also depends on what size agency you are looking for. Feel free to e-mail/pm me if you have any questions.

Comment

Is it possibly to raise a family of 6 on a salary 30k and live comfortable in the greenville or charleston areas? if not what would be the lowest salary that would be suitable?.

Comment

How are schools in the Charleston area?

Comment

Originally posted by PrsnrTransport View Post

Public Schools in Mount Pleasant are not bad, the rest of Charleston County, not so good… Private schools are good but they will cost you.
                  Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Comment

Look just outside Charleston County in areas like Hanahan and Summerville. These areas have good schools.

Originally posted by PrsnrTransport View Post

Comment

Magic Matt & SCDEPUTY, thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

Comment

Any luck yet? Saw something on 911hotjobs this week that North Myrtle Beach is accepting applications.
                        "People don't fail, they give up". - Dale Carnegie

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7095 users online. 362 members and 6733 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X