300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charleston PD information needed!

Hello Im currently a Police Officer in biggest City in the Southeast, I do have my BS from " THE CHAMPS " Auburn University ( for all my Alabama fans out there ). Im looking for a place to start a family with my fiancee and work and until I can ride into the sunset. I really like the area of Charleston and I like big departments is there anyone on here that works for CPD I would like to know the real deal on the department, lateral pay, retirement, and schools. I cannot move until my fiancee finishes grad school a year from now and I would really like a Police Officer's view that works with them! THANKS AND BE SAFE WAR EAGLE!

I can answer the retirement question, all sc police are covered by pors, 2.15% per year, vested in 5 years, and minimum retirement age is 55.

And for laterals, Out of State laterals have a very easy transition progress, two week post hire legal’s at the SCCJA, EVO training, and final test (easy).
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Comment

Wow that is amazing I read that on one of your early post that is the way it should be! Any talk of reforming the pension plan looks like we will be taking a hit....

Comment

There is a Bill in the General Assembly S 531 / H 3568 to close pors to new officers, June 30, 2012, after that new hires would be in the Retirement Investment Plan (IRA type plan).

http://www.scstatehouse.gov/cgi-bin/...keyval=1190531
        Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Comment

Seems to me that CPD would be a LOT more political than the APD. But, I do not know what the APD is really like. Just beware of the political climate within the CPD. A lot of disgruntled employees...

Comment

Im one of the few that will say Atlanta is a great place to work but the problem is I don't enjoy living in a big City no overpass fishing or seafood anywhere to be found! Im from the Carolina coast and I missing it along with REAL BBQ!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2671 users online. 151 members and 2520 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X