Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USC Police- Hiring $35,000+ closes 3/25/11

USC Police- Hiring $35,000+ closes 3/25/11
    The Law Enforcement Officer I/Public Safety Officer provides law enforcement, security, and protection for the University of South Carolina Community and property. These are certified police officers in accordance with SC Code of Laws 23-6-430, empowered with full arrest and police authority state wide. They enforce state laws and University rules and regulations.
    Three (3) Positions Available.
    Minimum Qualifications High school diploma. Must be 21 years of age, be physically qualified and have no criminal record. Must pass a background investigation and complete the SC Criminal Justice Academy and be certified by the SC Department of Public Safety Criminal Justice Academy within one year of being employed, and completion of the USC Law Enforcement and Safety Field Training Program.

Starting is $32,018 + 5% after completes FTO, + education pay. + minimum 4 hrs OT per pay period.
    Rotating 12 hour shifts, 3-12 one week, 4-12 next week = 48 per pay period.

https://uscjobs.sc.edu/applicants/js...=1299986658983
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Red police cars !!!
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Comment

The pay is alright...but they still have lots of turnover, if that tells you anything. I used to work at this agency and, well...

It's a good place to start or finish out the last few years until you retire...read into that what you will.

I left b/c I wanted to have a more well-rounded experience base, I now work for a nearby municipality, but still have friends that work there.

They have made some progress since I left, however. I understand they have eliminated a bunch of the "security guard" type of duties such as locking and unlocking buildings/offices, giving rides to students, etc. You still have to spend a few hours each night walking around buildings and checking doors, though. They also have a mileage restriction for motor units - no more than 40 miles in a 12 hr shift. (BTW - one lap around the perimeter of the campus is probably 3-4 miles...ten laps and you have to patrol car spoon the rest of the day/night.

Its a pretty active area...plenty of opportunity to catch autobreakers, burglars, and the occasional armed robber.

The fun part is that most students think you are security guards and it's mildly entertaining to see the look of disbelief on their face when you slap cuffs on them and haul them to the graybar hotel.

Comment

Sweet scooter course.
        We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions" -Ronald Reagan

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4449 users online. 251 members and 4198 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X