Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I may be moving to TR....any have any info about LE in the area?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amanda86
    replied
    TR dispatcher count? We are a smaller agency, Viking is right on that. We are not hiring at this time, but HQ for both of the other agencies are about 15 minutes from our PD, depending on traffic.

Leave a comment:

• Viking042900
    replied
    Hope everything works out and you get to come to the great state of South Carolina. You are correct that TR is in Greenville County. I think TR's department is only about 25-30 officers, so I wouldn't think they would be hiring too frequently. However, Greenville County SO and Greenville City PD are both hiring fairly regularly as they have around 400 and 200 officers respectively. HQ for both County and City would be about 15 minutes from TR if I'm not mistaken.

Leave a comment:

• I may be moving to TR....any have any info about LE in the area?

I have been told by my wife that we may inherit a house from her grandparents in Travelers Rest. I've been applying for LE in Oregon, my home state...but it's hit pretty hard by the times and with one academy sometimes being #1 on two hiring lists still doesn't get you hired around here.

One of the things that would convince me to move to SC would be an opportunity to work at a quality department. Much of my wife's family has lived in TR for a couple of generations, but being from the West coast I'm worried about fitting in...and getting hired. I was stationed at Pope AFB back in 1998, and I've spent a bunch of time at Charleston AFB. I've also visited my wife's family several times in the TR area and Asheville, NC...so I do have some idea about the state, though I am by no means a "southerner" I guess. So I've been told. lol. I like the cold, and I love snow...but I'm told that happens on occasion in the TR area.

I looked at the TR Police's website, but I didn't see anything about hiring. Are there any TR officers on here? What about county? I think it is greenville county.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3777 users online. 261 members and 3516 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X